Penn State provides events for local farmers and food producers in order to connect and transfer knowledge by offering many different programs. These include:
- The College of Agricultural Science offers an annual “Ag Progress Days” where local farmers can learn more about new innovations and transfer knowledge/best practices. In addition to the in-person experiences Ag Progress Days includes virtual experiences featuring exhibitors and Penn State Extension programs through on demand webinars and Public Cable Network television coverage.
- The College of Agricultural Science Extension Office offers free educational tools and programs to support local farmers.
- The Penn State Student Farm hosts regular events and webinars to provide information about sustainable agriculture.
- The Department of Food Sciences annually hosts the Penn State-Ingredion Plant Based Yogurt Alternative Short Course on the University Park campus and Virtually.
- allinfoodz, a podcast managed by the Penn State Food Decisions Research Laboratory team, features a variety of topics including “Locally Sourced Food in Restaurants” and “Sustainable Development Goals in Hospitality at the United Nations.”