Our commitment to engaging Nittany Lions as sustainability leaders doesn’t stop when our students graduate. Penn State wants to help its alumni be lifelong learners and practitioners of sustainability and is proud to boast an extensive network of alumni leading sustainability efforts around the world.
Starting in 2021, the Sustainability Institute is working to establish an official Sustainability Alumni Interest Group within the Penn State Alumni Association to help alumni working or interested in sustainability network with each other and stay connected to the university’s work. If you are interested in learning more, helping us establish this group, and/or suggesting initiatives for the new group, please contact Peter Boger, SI Assistant Director of Community Engagement, at email@example.com.
For any graduating seniors or current alumni interested in joining the group, complete the form at the button below and we will follow up with you. There is no cost to join or to participate and it is open to all, although to be a member of the executive board you must be a dues paying member of the Alumni Association.
Want to get involved with Penn State’s sustainability initiatives right now?
There are many Penn State sustainability efforts open to alumni participation:
- Attend our monthly Intersections virtual film screenings and discussions on sustainability issues.
- Attend the weekly virtual Sustainability Showcases organized by the Council of Sustainable Leaders.
- Participate in community programming conducted by the Keiko Miwa Ross Student Farm.
- Get involved with our engaged scholarship efforts by becoming a community partner for one of our Sustainable Communities Collaborative.
- Sign up for the Mainstream newsletter to stay informed about sustainability research, outreach, and news from Penn State.
Be on the lookout for more alumni initiatives starting in 2021, including virtual sustainability networking and happy hours.