Yes, Penn State University works directly on technologies and practices that will enable the marine industry to minimize and prevent damage to aquatic ecosystems through research and community engagement projects.Examples include:
- Engaged scholarship projects focused on stormwater management;
- Extension materials, workshops and webinars on water resource management;
- Riparia Center research and tools for conservation and restoration of wetlands, wildlife, and aquatic resources;
- Sea Grant research and resources such as educational materials, fact sheets, maps, manuals, and reports;
- Curating the Water-Energy-Food Nexus Discovery Map that aids in fostering comprehensive sustainable development projects around the globe by providing filterable research and data visualization that allows users to locate areas of need, growth, partnership, and action.