Engaged Scholarship Workshop
January 26 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST| Free
The Sustainability Institute, the Student Engagement Network, and the Office of Undergraduate Education are cohosting two Engaged Scholarship Workshops. An in-person workshop will take place on the University Park campus January 26 from 1:00-3:00pm. An online workshop will take place February 20 from 11:00a-1:00p. These introductory workshops will feature Living Lab projects and the Sustainable Communities Collaborative, among other engaged scholarship resources.
This free workshop is designed for Penn State faculty members with an interest in developing engaged and informed learners and to develop a collaborative ecosystem for engaged scholarship. It will:
– Increase your knowledge about campus and community resources available to support engaged scholarship,
– Highlight faculty engaged scholarship best practices,
– Share how you can implement engaged scholarship into your teaching, and
– Provide an opportunity to join an Engaged Scholarship Community of Practice.
The agenda will include:
– What is Engaged Scholarship?
– Why do Engaged Scholarship?
– Resources available to develop, implement, and evaluate Engaged Scholarship projects
– Engaged Scholarship Stories: Hear from your peers about small and larger scale projects they have successfully integrated into their courses.
– Next Steps: Plans for a revitalized Engaged Scholarship Community of Practice
Secure your literal (or virtual) seat at the workshop by registering HERE (https://forms.office.com/r/u5n2vTzW05) for either the January 26th in-person or the February 20th Engaged Scholarship Workshop.
Please note that the first event has limited in-person attendance. We’d love to have you and your colleagues attend one or both!