How to Recycle Toner/Ink Cartridges:
- Go to the General Stores website and click on “General Return”; complete the on-line “Return Form” and click submit.
- Once you submit your Return Form a pick-up will be scheduled, free of charge.
- What happens to Recycled Content:
- At Penn State, General Stores is the main processing center for used toner cartridges
- They will accept cartridges for recycling whether they were purchased through General Stores or from another source
- In 2016, 10 tons of used toner cartridges were recycled at the University Park campus
- Due to the material and energy savings in the recycling process, cost savings are passed along to the consumer