We have student employment opportunities for 2019-20 with Penn State's Sustainability Institute!
All positions are full time (30-35 hours) over the summer, and most continue throughout the fall and spring.
- Recycling and Sustainability Education - preparing educational tools, planning events and presenting on waste reduction, reuse, recycling and composting
- Athletics Sustainability Coordinator – Coordinate Tailgate Ambassador and develop a community engagement modeled after the NFL`s Super Kids-Super Sharing program
- Carbon Emissions Reduction Strategy Intern (Summer Only) - assess potential financial strategies to incentivize the reduction of carbon emissions from the University
- Communications (2 positions: 1 writer/designer position – May 2019 to May 2020 and 1 social media/designer August 2019 to May 2020)
- Community and Alumni Event Planning - Planning a monthly sustainability-themed film series systemwide initiative leading up to Earth Day 2020. Creation of a new database of Penn State alumni working and interested in sustainability.
Candidate review will begin after Spring Break and remain open until filled. Additional posts for academic year-only positions will be appearing shortly.