Interested in gaining some experience in Sustainability work? Come work for us!
Sustainability Experience Center AmeriCorps Member
The Sustainability Institute is seeking to fill a National Service AmeriCorps position at the Sustainability Experience Center (SEC), a nine-acre site dedicated to engaging the Penn State community around the topics of food, water, energy, and community.
As the SEC continues to reinvent itself in the wake of pandemic restrictions, the SEC AmeriCorps Member will support long term planning efforts that engage stakeholders from campus and the community.
Successful candidates will have a passion for sustainability, are organized and dependable, and comfortable speaking to groups of various kinds. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining SEC features (i.e. edible landscaping, kitchen garden)
- Creating and delivering educational elements about SEC features
- Coordinating and leading group tours of the site, collecting feedback from tour participants
- Maintaining and reporting tour metrics (i.e.: size, type, age-range, date, etc.)
- Develop Living Lab projects
- Recruit and train SEC volunteer tour leaders
- Attend weekly meetings with the Sustainable Campus Strategist, biweekly All Hands Sustainability Institute meetings, and other Sustainability Institute events as needed
This is a 300-hour National Service AmeriCorps position with the Pennsylvania Mountain Service Corps (PMSC). Ideal service dates for this position are May 8 – August 5, 2023, although start and end dates are negotiable.
This position includes a living allowance and, upon successful completion, an educational award that can be used to pay for higher education or repay qualified educational loans. To qualify for PMSC AmeriCorps service, you must be a United States citizen, United States national or lawful permanent resident of the United States and be at least 17 years of age. PMSC AmeriCorps will conduct a full criminal background check as part of the application process.
- Interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume to Krista Bailey, Sustainable Campus Strategist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will take place weekly and will continue until the position is filled.
Also check out these Job and Internship Boards and Listservs:
- Net Impact
- International Society of Sustainability Professionals Job Board
- Conservation Job Board
- Careers in Sustainability Site
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- Sustainability Career Resources Portal
- AASHE Bulletin
- Green Dream Jobs
- Green Biz
- Peace Corps
- Sustainable Agriculture Education
- Good Food Jobs
- Cool Works
- Day Away
- Green Jobs Search
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Go Eco (international internship site)
- Careers in Sustainability Guide
- Jobs in Upstate SC