November 10, 2015
The Polar Center at Penn State announces a call for entries for "Optics of the Poles: A Visual Expression of Polar Research at Penn State" that will be displayed at the Art Alley in the Hub on the University Park campus.
Artwork needs to initiate in an interpretation of one or more of the provided word clouds. Jury of selection and awards will consist of members of The Polar Center Steering Committee. Work will be selected from digital images. Awards for first prize ($400), second prize ($300), and third prize ($200). Submission is free. Max two entries/person. Only 2D pieces of work may be accepted.
Who is Eligible: Penn State undergrads and grad students
- For submission of work: December 1, 2015
- Notification of acceptance: December 7, 2015
- Awards will be chosen after installment in the Art Alley
- Delivery Date: January 14, 2016
- Exhibit Opens: January 25, 2016
- Exhibit Closes: March 6, 2016
- Pick up date: March 7 + 8, 2016
- Reception: Tuesday, February 9, 2016
- Dr. Richard Alley, Evan Pugh Professor of Geosciences
- Dr. Hester Blum, Associate Professor of English
- Dr. Michael Mann, Distinguished Professor of Meteorology
- Dr. Michael Sheriff, Assistant Professor of Mammalogy & Ecology