Penn State's GridSTAR Center is excited to introduce the Smart Grid Technical Workshop Series that will consist of new and engaging courses for energy industry professionals. All courses will be offered in partnership with Scitor Energy Academy and taught by seasoned professionals. In addition to the scheduled offerings at the Smart Grid Experience Center located at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, these courses are available as customized in-house learning experiences for employees. The following one- and two-day courses will be offered in 2014:
- Introduction to Distribution Management and Distribution Automation in the Smart Grid Environment (Jan. 7-8, 2014)
- Transactive Energy: What is it and how it can help your utility and customers? (Jan. 21-22, 2014)
- The Green Button Initiative (Feb. 4-5, 2014)
- Building a Smart Grid Roadmap (Feb. 18-19, 2014)
- Overview of Protocol Standards for Customer Premise Integration with Smart Grid Operations (March 4-5, 2014)
- Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management for Smart Grid (March 18-19, 2014)
- Urban Issues (April 8-9, 2014)
- Designing your Smart Technology Test Bed (April 22-23, 2014)
- Cyber Security Awareness Program (May 6, 2014)
- Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Functions for Supporting the Power Grid (May 13-14, 2014)
- Data Privacy for Utilities (May 20, 2014)
"Our instructors are nationally known and respected in the smart grid community." -- David Riley, Director of the GridSTAR Center
The Pennsylvania State University, Scitor Energy Academy and the GridSTAR Center are committed to the success of the GridSTAR Center’s effort to modernize the nation’s electrical grid and implement smart grid technologies in communities across the country. The courses are intended to cultivate actionable knowledge and skills in pertinent smart grid to achieve this goal.
"I am most excited about the expertise that has been engaged in the design and instruction of these courses," said Dr. David Riley, director of the GridSTAR Center. "Our instructors are nationally known and respected in the smart grid community."
For detailed course information, please visit the GridSTAR website. To stay informed of upcoming courses, workshops and events, subscribe to their mailing list.
About Penn State GridSTAR Center
The GridSTAR Center (Grid Smart Training and Application Resource Center) was created to develop and deliver responsive professional and skilled workforce educational programming that is aligned with caliber and pace of the emerging smart grid investments and markets. The GridSTAR Center is coordinated by the College of Engineering, Penn State's Sustainability Institute and Outreach. For more information, please visit http://gridstarcenter.psu.edu.