GreenGov Webinar Series — Advancing the Global Sustainable Development Goals in our Personal and Professional Spheres
October 14 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
One event on November 10, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on January 13, 2023 at 2:00 pm
One event on February 10, 2023 at 2:00 pm
One event on March 17, 2023 at 1:00 pm
One event on April 14, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Join the Governor’s GreenGov Council and Penn State’s Sustainability Institute for the fourth edition of its monthly GreenGov Webinar series, which aims to educate about the Global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how we can advance them in both our personal and professsional lives. The series draws together experts about a broad range of sustainability topics as they pertain to Pennsylvania and provides attendees an opportunity to ask questions.
All events are 1-1:45 p.m. and all but November’s event are on Fridays. All events are online, free, and open to all. Pre-registration is required at this link.
Featured events in this series are:
- Decent Work & Economic Growth (Friday, October 14) — Webinar will feature Stephen Herzenberg, Executive Director of the Keystone Research Center, exploring employment and financial inequalities within Pennsylvania, including the current state and impact of unemployment, inflation, and income inequality in Pennsylvania.
- Household Carbon Reduction, Part 2 – Building Sciences Connection (Thursday, November 10) — Webinar will feature Jon Kautz, member of the PA Housing Industry Advisory Council and representative of PA Energy Smart, as he discusses the science behind energy use and savings in the home environment. Specific topics will include building envelope systems with considerations to air infiltration, insulation, and other components.
- Sustainability & Resilience in the Community, Part 2 – Food Systems (Friday, January 13) — Join Caryn Long Earl, Director, Bureau of Food Distribution, PA Dept. of Agriculture and Jane Clements, CEO, Feeding Pennsylvania, as they discuss food insecurity issues in Pennsylvania, how they have been affected by COVID and inflation over the last few years, and government and non-profit programs trying to address these systemic challenges of hunger.
- Water Resources & Resiliency (Friday, February 10) — Webinar will feature Sean Furjanic, PE, Bureau of Clean Water, PA Department of Environmental Protection. Join in as we learn about stormwater management in Pennsylvania, including its government regulations–past, present, and future. Discussion will include water impacts, mitigation efforts & plans regarding climate change, infrastructure, and other influences.
- Water Justice, Community Health & Sustainable Communities (Friday, March 17) — Penn State’s Asher Rosinger, Ann Atherton Hertzler Early Career Professor in Global Health, will share ongoing research into ensuring fair access to clean well water, as well as people’s perceptions of the safety of their drinking water. Discussion will highlight the importance of ensuring both rural and urban residents feel secure in their access to water.
- Land Management Best Practices for Ecosystem Health and Pollinators (Friday, April 14) — Webinar will feature Christina Grozinger, Publius Vergilius Maro Professor of Entomology and Director of the Center for Pollinator Research, Insect Biodiversity Center, at Penn State University. Join us for the final webinar in this series as we learn about how we can improve the health of land in Pennsylvania around our homes, businesses, and government buildings by managing for pollinators and working with natural species.