Green Gov-SI Sustainability Webinar Series
March 11, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm EST
An event every month that begins at 1:00 pm on day Second of the month, repeating until April 8, 2022
One event on November 19, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The GreenGov Council and Penn State’s Sustainability Institute are co-hosting our third monthly webinar series on various sustainability topics. All who are interested in expanding their knowledge of sustainability initiatives are invited to participate! Our goal is to make this series a successful venture to support the commonwealth’s progress toward sustainability goals set forth in the Governor’s Executive Order 2019-01.
The series is intended to give participants opportunities to hear from subject matter experts and receive updates on each topic to enrich their knowledge while engaging in group Q&A. This series will also be a useful tool for governments, agencies, students, and individuals to explore options and develop sustainability initiatives. The webinars will be hosted monthly and consist of a 30 minute presentation followed by a 15 minute question & answer session. All presentations will be held via Microsoft Teams webinars and participants should plan to connect utilizing their computers to view and engage. Pre-registration at event link is required.
- [RESCHEDULED] November 19, 2021 1:00-1:45 PM Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) Overview — Hayley L. Book, Senior Advisor on Energy and Climate, PA Department of Environmental Protection
- November 12, 2021 1:00-1:45 PM Carbon Reduction Commitments – State Agencies, Universities & Businesses — Rob E. Cooper, Senior Director for Energy and Sustainability, Penn State University Office of Engineering; Meg Boyle, PhD, Dept. of Geography, Penn State University
- January 14, 2022 1:00-1:45 PM Pennsylvania Climate Leadership Academy Overview — Daniel M. Kreeger, Executive Director, Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO)
- February 11, 2022 1:00-1:45 PM PA Recycling Markets – Recyclables & Lower Embodied Carbon in Facility Construction — Tad Radzinski, President, Sustainable Solutions Corporation; Robert J. Bylone, Executive Director, Penn State Recycling Markets Center
- March 11, 2022 1:00-1:45 PM Sustainability and Resilience in the Community, Part 1: Foodways & Healthcare — Maureen Krouse, MPH, MCHES, Manager of Community Health and Outreach, Lankenau Medical Center
- April 8, 2022 1:00-1:45 PM Household Carbon Reduction, Part 1: Energy Saving Utility Programs — Joseph M. Sherrick, Supervisor, Policy & Planning, PUC; Cyndi Page, Senior Communications Specialist, PUC;Dan Mumford, Director, Office of Competitive Market Oversight, PUC