Incorporate sustainability learning opportunities into daily life across the University, including the built environment and service and program delivery.
- Highlight visible demonstrations of sustainability as we create facilities and grounds that teach (e.g., LEED-certified buildings, green roofs, etc.).
- Develop and promote co-curricular programs that address sustainability in student life.
- Provide opportunities for self-assessment of sustainable behaviors (e.g., Know-Your-Numbers, building dashboards).
- Provide sustainability training for existing and incoming administrators, governing board members, faculty, and staff at all campus locations.
- Integrate sustainability practices and learning opportunities into all University-associated events, including those held on University property, alumni and development functions, and appropriate external events (e.g., Festival of the Arts, farmers’ markets, student recruitment fairs, etc.).