New, part-time internships are available through Penn State’s Sustainability Institute and its affiliated programs.
The Sustainability Institute (SI), founded in 2012, integrates sustainability into the University’s research, teaching, outreach and operations to prepare students, faculty and staff to be sustainability leaders.
The Institute executes and oversees initiatives such as the Sustainable Communities Collaborative, the Student Farm, Study Away Pittsburgh, Tailgate Ambassadors, the Sustainability Leadership Minor and Green Teams program.
There are ten internship opportunities currently available for undergraduate students.
- Communications Intern
- Staff Engagement and Education Intern
- Sustainable Food Systems Communication Intern
- Student Farm Program Intern
- Recycling and Composting Education Intern
- Graphic Design and Social Media Intern
- Sustainability Coordinator Intern
- Sustainability Coordinator Intern: Intercollegiate Athletics
- Community Engagement Intern: Philadelphia
- Student Garden Intern: Penn State Behrend
"Being an intern at Penn State’s Sustainability Institute allows me to nourish my passions for writing and environmental sustainability, all while gaining valuable skills from the dedicated professionals who work here,” said Caroline Rosini, SI communications intern.
“This isn't the type of internship where you'll be the designated coffee-runner or copy-maker. In fact, every day at SI I feel I'm making a difference at University Park and contributing to the betterment of our campus and community."
Information about the internships and details about how to apply can be found in the links above. All internships are paid.
For more information about the Sustainability Institute and sustainability efforts at Penn State, visit sustainability.psu.edu.