Here you can find articles, essays, journals, centers, and more to help you navigate sustainability. If you have difficulty finding anything, you can use the “Search” function at the top right of every Field Guide page. You can also contact us at email@example.com.
Articles, Essays, & Reports
Sub-Topics:Includes topics of civil society and the economy: business, economic development, governance, individual and community health, management, politics, policy, profit, psychology, regulation and research that informs these topics. Disciplines in this section tend to be from business and the social sciences.
Sub-Topics:Sometimes the medium is as important as the message, whether dramatic, musical, narrative, or visual art or a very narrow report from a scientific disciple. A broad range of research and creative work informs sustainability. These include the exhaustive reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change that include physical, biological, social and economic assessments and integration to the poetry of Mary Oliver or the documentary photography Penn State students and faculty have done on natural gas development in Pennsylvania's Marcellus Shale gas fields.
Sub-Topics:These essays, articles, and documents inform you about how to integrate sustainability deliberately into formal education and life-long learning about and for sustainability.
Sub-Topics:These resources include foundational and important reports on human-environmental problems and possibilities. These include anthropogenic climate change, extinction, deforestation, soil erosion, ocean acidification, and fresh water depletion. We also include work on reforestation, conservation, re-wilding, and other actions taken to bolster ecosystem services and society and economy.
Sub-Topics:There are a lot of things to consider about sustainability. There are prominent debates about our ethics particularly regarding issues of justice, care, utility, and moral standing. There are also issues of ontology, epistemology, aesthetics and meaning. Many of these sources have a direct bearing on documents in the Deliberation, Governance, and Management section.
Sub-Topics:We mean technology as broadly as possible: the techniques, methods or processes we use to accomplish our goals. They range from hand tools to wind turbines and even behavioral technologies like advertising or propaganda and policies that shape our behaviors. You will find resources here on agriculture, the built environment, energy, waste, water, and behavior change.
- (What’s at) The Heart of the Matter? Sustainability, Arts, and the Case for Change
- Abdallah, M., Akyeampong, V., El-Rayes, K. (2018). Maximizing Sustainability of Existing Buildings within Limited Upgrade Budgets
- Abdullah, L., Mohd, T, & Sabu, R. (2016). A Conceptual Framework of Green Certification Impact On Property Price .
- Acevedo, V. L. (2017). Ecuador: Rainforest Under Siege
- Adams, S., Savahl, S., Florence, M., Jackson, K. (2018). Considering the Natural Environment in the Creating of Child-Friendly Cities: Implications for Children’s Subjective Well-Being
- Addis, G. (2017). Does education contribute to the creation of sustainable art cities?
- Affeldt, F., J. Wichmann, A. Siol, S. Markic & I. Eilks (2016). Supporting practical science learning for all students – A German cross-country initiative in non-formal chemistry education.
- Aguayo, C. & Eames, C. (2017). Promoting community socio-ecological sustainability through technology: A case study from Chile
- Agyeman, J. (2010). Toward a ‘Just’ Sustainability? Continuum: Journal of Media & Cultural Studies
- Agyeman, J., Bullard, R.D. & Evans, B. (2002). Exploring the Nexus: Bringing Together Sustainability, Environmental Justice and Equity. Space and Polity.
- Aidt, T. S., Castro, V., Martins, R. (2018). Shades of red and blue: government ideology and sustainable development
- Aikens, K., McKenzie, M. & Vaughter, P. (2016) Environmental and sustainability education policy research: a systematic review of methodological and thematic trends. Environmental Education Research
- Akinade et al. (2016). Design for Deconstruction (DfD): Critical success factors for diverting end-of-life waste from landfills.
- Akinsemolu, A. A. (2018). The role of microorganisms in achieving the sustainable development goals
- Aksin-Sivrikaya, S. & C. B. Bhattacharya. (2017). Where Digitalization Meets Sustainability: Opportunities and Challenges.
- Al-Naqbi, A., Alshannag, Q. (2018). The status of education for sustainable development and sustainability knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of UAE University students
- Alam, S. (2017). Environmental Education: Role of Physical Environment in Students’ Learning in Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan
- Alber, B. (2018). A Lesson in Climate Change Education: Examining how Climate Change is taught in the Nova Scotia Public School Curriculum
- Albort-Morant, G., J. Henseler, A. Leal-Millan, & G. Cepeda-Carrion. Mapping the Field: A Bibliometric Analysis of Green Innovation.
- Alexander, T., Dziobek, C. H., Galeza, T. (2018). Sustainable Development Goals and GDP: What National Accounts Bring to the Table
- Alghamdi, A. A., Ernest, J. M., Hafiz, F. (2018). Teaching Sustainable Practices as Part of a Holistic Education in the Saudi Context
- Ali, U. M. N., Daud, N. M., Nor, N. M., Yusuf, M. A., Othman, M., & Yahya, M. A. (2018). Enhancement in Green Building Technology as to Sustainable Development in Malaysia
- Alkaisi, A., R. Mossad, & A. Sharifian-Barforoush. (2017). A review of the water desalination systems integrated with renewable energy.
- Allen, M. & Craig, C. (2016). Rethinking corporate social responsibility in the age of climate change: a communication perspective.
- Allena-Ozolina, & S., Bazbauers, G., (2017). System dynamics model of research, innovation and eudcation system for efficient use of bio-resources
- Allena-Ozolina, S., & Bazbauers, G. (2017). Systems dynamic model of research, innovation and education system for efficient use of bio-resources
- Alleyne, J. M. (2017). Adopting a Sustainability Framework in Re-visioning Library and Information Science Education
- Alleyne, J. M. (2017). Adopting a Sustainability Framework in Re-visioning Library and Information Science Education
- Almutairi, A., P. Pilidis, N. Al-Mutawa, & M. Al-Weshahi. (2017). Exergetic and Sustainability Analysis of an Intercooled Gas Turbine Cogeneration Plant with Reverse Osmosis Desalination System.
- Alonso, M. A. P, Garcia, J. C. S., & Pinto, M. J. C. (2017). The Impact of Cultural Attitudes Toward Environmental Issues on the Green Entrepreneurship Entry Level: A Comparative Study of Three European Countries
- Alonso-Almeida, M., M. Muil-Fabrega, L. Bagur-Femenias, & J. P. Aznar-Alarcon (2017). Shedding Light on Sustainable Development and Stakeholder Engagement: The Role of Individual Dynamic Capabilities.
- Alotaibi, R., Bechle, M., Marshall, J. D., Ramani, T., Zietsman, J., Nieuwenhuijsen, M. J., & Khreis, H. 2019. Traffic related air pollution and the burden of childhood asthma in the contiguous United States in 2000 and 2010
- Alshuwaikhat, H. M., I. R. Abubakar, Y. A. Aina, Y. A. Adenle, & M. Umair. (2017). The Development of a GIS-Based Model for Campus Environmental Sustainability Assessment.
- Alt, E., & Spitzeck, H. (2016). Improving environmental performance through unit-level organizational citizenship behaviors for the environment: A capability perspective.
- Alvarez-Garcia, O., Sureda-Negre, J., Comas-Forgas, R. (2017). Assessing Environmental Competencies of primary education pre-service teachers in Spain: a comparative study between two universities
- Alves, F. & Azeiterio, U. (2018). Climate Change and e-Learning: Interdisciplinarity and Interculturality Challenges
- Amel, E. C. Manning, B. Scott, & S. Koger. (2017). Beyond the roots of human inaction: Fostering collective effort toward ecosystem conservation.
- Amin, M. S., Permanasari, A., Setiabudi, A. 2019. The pattern of environmental education practice at schools and its impact to the level of environmental literacy of school-age student
- Aminoroayaei, N., Shahedi, B. (2018). Study of effective factors in the design of zero energy buildings in arid climate
- An Empirical Assessment on Environmental Awareness of School Managers and Teachers as Stakeholders of Private Schools
- Anand, S. (2018). Technological Innovations for Sustainable Environment
- Andersson, S. & Rahe, U. (2017). Accelerate innovation towards sustainable living: exploring the potential of Living Labs in a recently completed case
- Andic, D. & Vorkapic, S. T. (2017). Teacher Education for Sustainability: The Awareness and Responsibility for Sustainability Problems
- Andrade, C., Veiga, A., Santos, L., Quinta-Nova, L.C., Bom, M. J., Pedro, N., Fernandez, P., Anastacio, R., Mourato, S., Touret, N., & Mendes P. (2017). CLIMRisk – Climate change adaptation measures in the management of natural and environmental risks
- Andriukaitiene, R. & Vienazindiene, M. (2017). Corporate Social Responsibility and Human Resource Management
- Annan-Diab, F. & C. Molinari. (2017). Interdisciplinarity: Practical approach to advancing education for sustainability and for the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Antonini, C. & C. Larrinaga. (2017). Planetary Boundaries and Sustainability Indicators. A Survey of Corporate Reporting Boundaries.
- Aodha, L. & Edmonds, B. (2017). Some Pitfalls to Beware When Applying Models to Issues of Policy Relevance
- Applying the Resilience Perspective to Planning: Critical Thoughts from Theory and Practice. Interface. (2012). Edited by Simin Davoudi and Libby Porter
- Apte, S. & J. Sheth. (2017). Developing the Sustainable Edge.
- Aquilani, B., C. Silvestri, G. loppolo, & A. Ruggieri. (2017). The challenging transition to bio-economies: Towards a new framework integrating corporate sustainability and value co-creation.
- Aragon-Correa, J. A., Marcus, A. A., Rivera, J. E., & Kenworthy, A. L. (2017). Sustainability Management Teaching Resources and the Challenge of Balancing Planet, People, and Profits
- Arangote, E. (2017). Implication to Environmental Education of Indigenous Knowledge and the Ecosystem of Upland Farmers in Aklan, Philippines
- Arbuckle, M. (2016). The Interaction of Religion, Political Ideology, and Concern About Climate Change in the United States.
- Arranz, A. M. (2017). Lessons from the past for sustainability transitions? A meta-analysis of socio-technical studies.
- Assan, J. K. & Hunt, S. (2018). Project Management and Community Participation within Small Island States: An examination of Stakeholder Engagement in Belize in an Era of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Austin et al. (2016). Public Health Adaptation to Climate Change in OECD Countries.
- Avila, L. V., W. L. Filho, L. Brandli, C. MacGregor, P. Molthan-Hill, P. G. Ozuyar, & R. M. Moreira. (2017). Barriers to innovation and sustainability at universities around the world.
- Ayres, J. (2017) Cultivating the “unquiet heart”: Ecology, education, and Christian faith. Theology Today.
- Ayyad, K. (2017). Green Retrofitting of Residential Buildings in Hot Arid Countries as an Approach to Sustainable Development
- Azeiteiro, U., Bacelar-Nicolau, P., Santos, P., Bacelar-Nicolau, L., Morgado, F. (2018). Assessing High School Student Perceptions and Comprehension of Climate Change
- Azevedo, J. & M. Marques. (2017). Climate Literacy: a Systematic Review and Model Integration.
- Azmat, F., Ferdous, A., Rentschler, R., Winston, E. (2017). Arts-based initiatives in museums: Creating value for sustainable development
- Bäckstrand, K. (2003) Civic science for sustainability: Reframing the role of experts, policymakers and citizens in environmental governance. Global Environmental Politics 3(4): 24-40.
- Bacon, J. P. & Ziepniewski, C. (2017). Environmental Education: The Need, The Challenges, and What We’ve Learned
- Badiu, D. L., Nita, A., Ioja, C. I., Nita, M. R. (2019). Disentangling the connections: a network analysis of approaches to urban green infrastructure
- Badreldin, A. (2017). Structural Impediments to Sustainable Development in Australia and Its Asia-Pacific Region
- Bae, H. S. (2017). The Effect of Environmental Capabilities on Environmental Strategy and Environmental Performance of Korean Exporters for Green Supply Chain Management
- Bahadir, M. E. (2018). Teaching Manufacturing and Sustainability with the U.S. Life Cycle Inventory Database
- Bakri, M. (2018). The role of culture in implementing the concept of sustainability
- Bakshi, B. R., Gutowski, T. G., Sekulic, D. P. (2018). Claiming Sustainability: Requirements and Challenges
- Bapat, R. S., Ralegaonkar, R. V., Mhaisalkar, V. A. (2018). Development of sustainable renewable resource management tool for residential townships
- Baratta, C. (2016). “Interdisciplinarity” Achieved: A Brief Look at Interdisciplinary Environmentalism in the 1960s. Interdisciplinary Literary Studies.
- Barlett & Chase (2012) Curricular Innovation for Sustainability:The Piedmont/ Ponderosa Model of Faculty Development
- Barlett & Rappaport (2009) LONG-TERM IMPACTS OF FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS THE EXPERIENCE OF TELI AND PIEDMONT
- Barlett, P. & Chase, G. (2012). Curricular innovation for sustainability: The Piedmont/Ponderosa model of faculty development. Liberal Education, 98(4), 14-21.
- Barrington-Leigh, C. (2017). Sustainability and Well-Being: A Happy Synergy.
- Barrios, A., Camacho, S. (2018). Sustainability in Subsistence Marketplace, a Community Challenge
- Basak, R. (2017). Agency theory and international climate change financing accountability regimes
- Bash, K. & Donnelly, A. (2019). Sustainable Food Systems for a Healthier UK: A discussion paper.
- Baum et al. (2016). Sustainability and the Tourism and Hospitality Workforce: A Thematic Analysis.
- Bauwens, T., Devine-Wright, P. (2018). Positive energies? An empirical study of community energy participation and attitudes to renewable energy
- Beattie, Graham. (2017). Advertising, Media Capture, and Public Opinion: The case of climate change.
- Bebbington, J., S. Russell, & I. Thompson. (2017). Accounting and sustainability: Reflections and propositions.
- Becker, G. (2017). Climate Change Education for Sustainable Development in Urban Educational Landscapes and Learning Cities. Experiences Perspectives from Osnakruck
- Behnam, N. (ND). A Review on Sustainable Building
- Behrens, T. K., Liebert, M. L., Peterson, H. J., Smith, J. H., Sutliffe, J. T., Day, A., Mack, J. (2018) Changes in School Food Preparation Methods Result in Healthier Cafeteria Lunches in Elementary Schools
- Bekhet, H. A., Othman, N. S. (2018). The Role of Renewable Energy to Validate Dynamic Interaction between CO2 Emissions and GDP towards Sustainable Development in Malaysia
- Bell, G. G. (2019). Making Sustainability Personal: An Experiential Semester-Long Project to Enhance Students’ Understanding of Sustainability
- Bell, K. (2017). ‘Living Well’ as a Path to Social, Ecological, and Economic Sustainability
- Bell, L. & D. E. Clover. (2017). Critical Culture: Environmental Adult Education in Public Museums.
- Bell, M. L. (2017). Advancing Science and Public Health Practice on Climate Change and Health Justice
- Bendor, R., D. Maggs, R. Peake, J. Robinson, & S. Williams. (2017). The imaginary worlds of sustainability: observations from an interactive art installation.
- Benegal, S. D. (2017). The impact of unemployment and economic risk perceptions on attitudes towards anthropogenic climate change
- Bernier, Andrew. (2017). From Linear Industrial Structures to Living Systems: A Design Shift in Education for Sustainability.
- Berry, Wendell (1981) Solving for Pattern
- Berzosa, A., M. O. Bernaldo, & G. Fernandez-Sanchez. (2017). Sustainability Assessment Tools for Higher Education: An Empirical Comparative Analysis.
- Beveridge, D., McKenzie, M., Aikens, K. & Strobbe, K. M. (2019). A National Census of Sustainability in K-12 Education Policy: Implications for International Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research
- Bhaiseni, B. (2017). Poverty as a threat to Environmental Sustainability: Implications for Social Work Practice in Zimbabwe
- Bhardwaj, V. (2018). Pollution Human Rights and Environmental Protection
- Bhattacharyya, P. & Pathak, H. (2017). Climate resilient agriculture: impacts and options for adaptation in India
- Biberhofer, P., Lintner, C., Bernhardt, J., Rieckmann, M. (2018). Facilitating work performance of sustainability-driven entrepreneurs through higher education
- Bilge, P., S. Emec, & G. Seliger. (2017). Leverage of Industrial Engineering Education for Sustainable Manufacturing.
- Bob Frame. (2008). “Wicked,” “messy” and “clumsy:” Long-term frameworks for sustainability. Environment and Planning
- Bogoliubov, V. & Bogoliubova, N. (2017). Requirements for Professional Competence Formation of Environmentalists in the Society Transition to Sustainable Development
- Bohnen, J. & Hennies, L. P. (ND). Why brands should foster political sustainability
- Bordonau, J., J. Olivella, & E. Velo. (2017). Active learning in sustainable energy master degrees: A multiple challenge approach.
- Borges, J. C., T. C. Ferreira, M. S. Borges de Oliveira, N. Macini, & A. C. Ferreira Caldana. (2017). Hidden Curriculum in Student Organizations: Learning, Practice, Socialization, and Responsible Management in a business school.
- Borkhataria, R. R., Wetzel, P. R., Henriquez, H., & Davis, S. E. (2017). The Synthesis of Everglades Restoration and Ecosystem Services: a case study for interactive knowledge exchange to guide Everglades restoration
- Boroff, C., Eickmeier, J., Eklund, K., Garcia, C., Miller, S., Newton, B., Pecka, B., Samuelson, T., Staab, J., Whittaker, O. (2018). Community, Campus, and Climate at Central Community College – 3C Initiative
- Boulianne, E., Keddie, S. L. (ND). Where is Sustainability within the Canadian CPA Education Program?
- Boussalis, C., Coan, T. G., & Holman, M. R. (2019). Communicating Climate Mitigation and Adaptation Efforts in American Cities.
- Bowers, Chet A. (2017). An Ecojustice Approach to Educational Reform in Adult Education.
- Boyce, James K. (2007). Is Inequality Bad for the Environment?
- Boykoff, M. T. (2008). Lost in Translation? United States television news coverage of anthropogenic climate change, 1995-2004.
- Brahm, T. & P. Kuhner. (2017). Faculty motivation as a key for integrating sustainable development in Higher Education Curricula (in press).
- Brain, R. (2014). Rising to Meet Public Sustainability Demand: Extension Sustainability Outreach
- Brand-Correa, L. I. & J. K. Steinberger. (2017). A Framework for Decoupling Human Need Satisfaction from Energy Use.
- Branzei, O., P. Shrivastava, & K. Poldner. (2017). Embodied Multi-Discursivity: An Aesthetic Process Approach to Sustainable Entrepreneurship.
- Brennan, M. (2017). Struggles for teacher education in the age of the anthropocene
- Breslyn, W., Drewes, A., McGinnis, J. R., Hestness, E., & Mouza, C. (N.D.). Development of an Empirically-Based Conditional Learning Progression for Climate Change
- Brick, C., D. K. Sherman, & H. S. Kim. (2017). “Green to be seen” and “brown to keep down”: Visibility moderates the effect of identity on pro-environmental behavior.
- Briggs, S. J., Cage, A. G., & Briggs, C. (2017). How Do UK Environmental Publishers Use Facebook to Engage Users with Sustainability?
- Briguglio, M. & G. Formosa. (2017). When Households go Solar: Determinants of Uptake of a Photovoltaic Scheme and Policy Insights.
- Brilli, F., Fares, S., Ghirardo, A., Visser, P., Calatayud, V., Munoz, A., Annesi-Maesano, I., Sebastiani, F., Alivernini, A., Varriale, V., Menghini, F. (2018). Plants for Sustainable Improvement of Indoor Air Quality
- Brito, R. O., Siveres, L., Cunha, C. (2018). Participative Management and Socio-Environmental Sustainability: a Study of Public Schools of Sobral, Brazil
- Broman G, Robèrt K-H, Collins TJ, Basile G, Baumgartner RJ, Larsson T, Huisingh D. (2016) Science in support of systematic leadership towards sustainability. Journal of Cleaner Production
- Bromley-Trujillo, R., Butler, J.S., Poe, J., & Davis, W. (2016). The Spreading of Innovation: State Adoptions of Energy and Climate Change Policy.
- Broome, John. (2008). The Ethics of Climate Change: Pay Now or Pay More Later?
- Brown, K., N. Eernstman, A. R. Huke, & N. Reding. (2017). The drama of resilience: learning, doing, and sharing for sustainability.
- Brown, Lester (1981) Building a Sustainable Society
- Bruce, H. G. (2017). Partnership Education in the Forest
- Bruckmeier, K. & Tovey, H. (2008). Knowledge in Sustainable Rural Development: From Forms of Knowledge to Knowledge Processes
- Brundiers, K. & A. Wiek (2017). Beyond Interpersonal Competence: Teaching and Learning Professional Skills in Sustainability.
- Brundiers, Wiek & Redman (2009) Real-world learning opportunities in sustainability: from classroom into the real world
- Buckland et al (2018). The challenge of coordinated civic climate change education.
- Buckland, P. (2015) THE UNSUSPECTED TEACHERS: ENVIRONMENTAL IDENTITY AND SUSTAINABILITY EDUCATION IN THE ANTHROPOCENE
- Buckland, P. (2016). The educational leader as keystone species for ecological literacy and sustainability education. Journal of Educational Leadership, Policy and Practice
- Buckland, P. (2016). When all is lost: thrash metal, dystopia, and ecopedagogy
- Buckland, P., Goodstein, E., Alexander, R., Muchnick, B., Mallia, M. E., Leary, N., Andrejewski, R., Barsom, S. (2018). The challenge of coordinated civic climate change education
- Buckley, E. M. B., Allen, C. R., Forsberg, M., Farrell, M., & Caven, A. J. (2017). Capturing change: the duality of time-lapse imagery to acquire data and depict ecological dynamics
- Budidarmono, D. A., Herdiansyah, H., Ni’man, N. L. (2018). Gender sensitive education in watershed management to support environmental friendly city
- Bullard, R. (1999). Dismantling Environmental Racism in the USA . Local Environment: The International Journal of Justice and Sustainability.
- Bullard, R. D. (1996). Environmental Justice: It’s more than Waste Facility Siting.
- Bullard, Robert (1992) Environmental Blackmail in Minority Communities: Excerpt
- Bures, V. & F. Racz. (2017). Identification of Sustainability Key Factors Based on Capturing Dominant Feedbacks of Behavioral Stereotypes in Socio-Economic Systems.
- Burgener, L. & Barth, M. (2017). Sustainability competencies in teacher education: making teacher education count in everyday school practice
- Burger, J. & Gochfeld, M. (2017). Perceptions of severe storms, climate change, ecological structures and resiliency three years post-hurricane Sandy in New Jersey.
- Burkholder, K. C., J. Devereaux, C. Grady, M. Solitro, & S. M. Mooney. (2017). Longitudinal Study of the Impacts of a Climate Change Curriculum on Undergraduate Student Learning: Initial Results.
- Burns, L., Grose, J., Mukonoweshuro, R., Richardson, J., Mills, I., Nasser, M., Moles, D. (ND). Developing sustainability in a dental practice through an Action Research approach
- Butaric, L. N., L. E. O. Light, & S. L. Juengst. (2017). A call for action: Why anthropologists can (and should) join the discussion on climate change through education.
- Butts, P. (2017). Green Roof Vegetable Production in Three Different Growth Media
- CA Technologies Sustainability Report Executive Summary. (2016).
- Cabrera, F. C., & Haase, D. (2017). Guatemala City: A socio-ecological profile
- Caetano, F., Oliveira, C., Araujo, M., Rego, M. (2018). Towards Climate Change Awareness Through Distance Learning – Are Young Portuguese and Brazilian University Students Vigilant?
- Cagno, E. Neri, A., & Trianni A. (2018). Broadening to sustainability the perspective of industrial decision-makers on the energy efficiency measures adoption: some empirical evidence
- Cai, X., Shafiee-Jood, M. (2018). Review of Campus Sustainability Programs: Opportunities for Education and Research
- Cai, X., White, M., Shafiee-Jood, M., Pereira, J. (2018). Overviews of Campus Sustainability Projects at Illinois: Opportunities for Education and Research
- Cairns, M. (2017). Shifting cultivation policies: balancing environmental and social sustainability
- Callewaert, J. (2017). Sustainability Literacy and Cultural Assessments
- Calliera, M., L’Astorina, A. (2018). The Role of Research, Communication, and Education for a Sustainable Use of Pesticides
- Camara, A. S. (2017). Ecological State and Ecocentrism: introductory parameters for sustainability according to Klaus Bosselmann
- Camilleri, Mark Anthony. (2017). Corporate Social Responsibility Policy in the United States of America.
- Campognolo, L. & Davide, M. (2018). Can the Paris Deal Boost Sustainable Development Goals Acheivement?
- Caniglia, G., N. Schapke, D. J. Lang, D. J. Abson, C. Luederitz, A. Wiek, M. D. Laubichler, F. Gralla, & H. von Wehrden. (2017). Experiments and Evidence in Sustainability Science: A Typology.
- Cantrell, J.G. (2015). On Seeing “Places” for What They Are, and Not What We Want Them to Be. Environmental Communication.
- Capodaglio, A. G., A. Callegari, D. Cecconet, & D. Molognoni. (2017). Sustainability of decentralized wastewater treatment technologies.
- Cardoso de Lima, G. S., Lopes, E. C., Motta, J. G., Asano, R., Valverde, M., Suyama, R., Leite, P. T. (2018). Sustainable development enhanced in the decision process of electricity generation expansion planning
- Carpenter, S., Takahashi, B., Cunningham, C., & Lertpratchya, A. (2016). The Roles of Social Media in Promoting Sustainability in Higher Education.
- Carrero Bosch, I., Valor Martinez, C., Antonetti, P. (2015). Introducing moral skills in education for sustainability: an empirical examination of character strengths
- Carvalho, M. M. & R. Rabechini Jr. (2017). Can Project Sustainability management impact project success? An empirical study applying a contingent approach.
- Casanova, D., Price, L. & Avery, B. (2018). Supporting Sustainable Policy and Practices for Online Learning Education
- Casarejos, F. & Gustavson, L. M. (2017). Higher Education Institutions in the United States: Commitment and coherency to sustainability vis-a-vis dimensions of the institutional environment
- Casarejos, F., L. M. Gustavson, & M. N. Frota. (2017). Higher Education Institutions in the United States: Commitment and coherency to sustainability vis-à-vis dimensions of the institutional environment.
- Casey, C. & Asamoah, L. (2016). Education and sustainability: reinvigorating adult education’s role in transformation, justice and development. International Journal of Lifelong Education
- Casinader, N. & Kidman, G. (2018). Fieldwork, Sustainability, and Environmental Education: The Centrality of Geographical Inquiry
- Cassidy, C., Fabola, A., Miller, A., Oliver, I. (ND). A Digital Museum Infrastructure for Preserving Community Collections from Climate Change
- Castor, R. G. (2017). Education for Sustainability in Global Youth Initiatives: A Stakeholder Approach.
- Cedeno-Laurent, J., Williams, A., MacNaughton, P., Cao, X., Eitland, E., Spengler, J., Allen, J. (2018). Building Evidence for Health: Green Buildings, Current Science, and Future Challenges
- Center of Ecoliteracy. (2018). Understanding Food and Climate Change: An Interactive Guide
- Cerutti, A., D. Padovan, S. Bruun, D. Donno, & G. Beccaro. (2017). On the Use of Life Cycle Assessment to Improve Agronomists’ Knowledge and Skills toward Sustainable Agricultural Systems.
- Chak-Man Leung, B. (2018). Greening existing buildings [GEB] strategies
- Chakori, S. (2017). Building a Sustainable Society: The Necessity to Change the Term ‘Consumer’
- Chang, H. T. (2018). Green City Vision, Strategy, and Planning
- Chatrchyan, A. M., R. C. Erlebacher, N. T. Chaopricha, J. Chan, D. Tobin, & S. B. Allred. (2017). United States Agricultural stakeholder views and decisions on climate change.
- Chen, H., F. Chen, X. Huang, R. Long, & W. Li. (2017). Are individuals’ environmental behavior always consistent?–An analysis based on spatial difference.
- Cheng, C., Tsai, J. Y., Yang, Y. C. E., Esselman, R., Kalcic, M., Xu, X., & Mohai, P. (2017). Risk Communication and Climate Justice Planning: A Case of Michigan’s Huron River Watershed
- Cheung, I. (2018). Impact of Interior Living Walls on Indoor Air Quality: Study in a Dynamic Enviornment
- Chitando, E. (2017). Praying for Courage: African Religious Leaders and Climate Change
- Choondassery, Y. (2017). Rights-based Approach: The Hub of Sustainable Development
- Church, S. P., Dunn, M., Babin, N., Mase, A. S., Haigh, T., Prokopy, L. S. (2017). Do advisors perceive climate change as an agricultural risk? An in-depth examination of Midwestern U.S. Ag advisors’ views on drought, climate change, and risk management
- Chuvileva, I. M., L. Reef, G. E. Wilt, J. Shriber, M. Aleman, & B. Smith. (2017). Impact of a Participatory Analysis of a Campus Sustainability Social Network: A Case Study of Emory University.
- Cicmil, S., G. Gough, & S. Hills. (2017) Insights into responsible education for sustainable development: The case of UWE Bristol.
- Cicmil, S., R. Ecclestone, & K. Collins. (2017). Responsible education in a complex context of sustainable development: Co-creating a pedagogic framework for participatory reflection and action.
- Cincera, J., P. Biberhofer, B. Binka, J. Boman, L. Mindt, & M. Rieckmann. (2017). Designing a sustainability-driven entrepreneurship curriculum as a social learning process: A case study from an international knowledge alliance project.
- Clammer, J. (2017). Cosmpolitanism Beyond Anthropocentrism: The Ecological Self and Transcivilizational Dialogue
- Clark, J. K., C. Marquis, & S. Raja. (2017). The Local Food Policy Audit: Spanning the Civic-Political Agrifood Divide.
- Clark, W.C. & Dickson, N. (2003). Sustainability science: The emerging research program
- Claudia de Oliveira, A., Sokulski, C. C., Alexandre da Silva Batista, A., Carlos de Francisco, A. (2018). Competencies for sustainability: A proposed method for the analysis of their interrelationships
- Clayton, S., Koehn, A., & Grover, E. (2013). Making sense of the senseless: Identity, justice, and the framing of environmental crises. Social Justice Research, 26(3), 301-319
- Coffey, D. (2017). Teaching Sustainability in Introductory Physics.
- Cole, L. B. (2017). The Teaching Green Building: Five Theoretical Perspectives
- Coleman, K., J. Murdoch, S. Rayback, A. Seidl, & K. Wallin. (2017). Students’ Understanding of Sustainability and Climate Change Across Linked Service-Learning Courses.
- Colliver, A. (2017). Education for climate change and a real-world curriculum.
- Colombo, C. R. & A. C. Alves. (2017). Sustainability in engineering programs in a Portuguese Public University.
- Corburn, Jason. (2003). Bringing Local Knowledge into Environmental Decision Making: Improving Urban Planning for Communities at Risk.
- Creighton, S. H., & Cortese, A. D. (1992). Environmental literacy and action at Tufts University. New Directions for Higher Education, 77(2), 19-30.
- Crim, C., C. Moseley, & B. Desjean-Perrotta. (2017). Strategies Toward the Inclusion of Environmental Education in Educator Preparation Programs: Results from a National Survey.
- Cross, S., D. Padfield, R. Ant-Wuorinen, P. King, & S. Syri. (2017). Benchmarking island power systems: Results, challenges, and solutions for long term sustainability.
- Cuaresma, J. C., Fengler, W., Kharas, H., Bekhtiar, K., Brottrager, M., Hofer, M. (2018). Will the Sustainable Development Goals be fulfilled? Assessing present and future global poverty
- Cui, Y., Fang, X., & Zhou, H. (2018). Green Design and Sustainable Development of School Uniforms
- Curriculum for the Bioregion.
- D’Onofrio, R., Trusiani, E. (2018). Health Promotion and Urban Sustainability: A Perspective on Duality
- Dabaieh, M., El Mahdy, D., Maguid, D. (2018). Living Labs as a Pedagogical Teaching Tool for Green Building Design and Construction in Hot and Arid Regions
- Dagiliute, R., Liobikiene, G., Minelgaite, A. (2018). Sustainability at Universities: Students’ Perceptions of Green and Non-Green Universities
- Daie, Jaleh. (1996). The Activist Scientist.
- Dallinger, D. & C. O. Kappe. (2017). Why flow means green-Evaluating the merits of continuous processing in the context of sustainability.
- Dangi, M. B., Chaudhary, R. P., Rijal, K., Stahl, P. D., Belbase, S., Gerow, K. G., Fernandez, D., & Pyakurel, B. (2017). Impacts of environmental change on agroecosystems and livelihoods in Annapurna Conservation Area, Nepal
- Das, C. & S. Jharkharia. (2017). Adoption of Product and Process Eco-innovation for Developing Low Carbon Economy: A Rough Set Theory Based Analysis.
- Davey, E. (2016). Recapturing the learning opportunities of university sustainability indicators.
- Davies, D., Johnson, L., Doepker, B., Hedlund, M. (2018). Quantifying Environmental Impacts of Structural Material Choices Using Life Cycle Assessment: A Case Study
- Davim, J. P. (Ed.). (2017). Curricula for Sustainability in Higher Education.
- Davis, I., Plumblee, J. M., Brown, A., Vaughn, D. (2018). Encouraging Innovation through Design in Resource Constrained Environments
- Dawson, V. & Carson, K. (2018). Introducing Argumentation About Climate Change Socioscientific Issues in a Disadvantaged School
- Dawson, V. & K. Carson. (2016). Using Climate Change Scenarios to Assess High School Argumentation Skills.
- de los Ãngeles Vilches Norat, M. et al (2016). Ecopedagogy: A Movement between Critical Dialogue and Complexity: Proposal for a Categories System, Journal of Education for Sustainable Development, 10, issue 1, p. 178-195, http://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:sae:jousus:v:10:y:2016:i:1:p:178-195.
- De Silva, N. K. (2018). Situating Environmental Education in an Urban School District Using Policy, Place and Partnerships: A Case Study of Washington DC
- De Welde, K. (2015) A Case Study of Sustainability and Civic Engagement in a Sociology of Food Course, Journal of Education for Sustainable Development, 9 (1).
- Decamps, A., G. Barbat, J. Carteron, V. Hands, & C. Parkes. (2017). Sulitest: A collaborative initiative to support and assess sustainability literacy in higher education.
- Del Baldo, M. & M-G. Baldarelli. (2017). Renewing and Improving the Business Model toward sustainability in theory and practice.
- Deli, M. M., Yasin, R. M. (2018). Solar Energy Education and Training to Empower the Aboriginal Community – A Viable Aboriginal Holistic Approach to Sustainable Development
- Deslatte, A. & Stokan, E. (2017). Hierarchies of Need in Sustainable Development: A Resource Dependence Approach for Local Governance
- Deslatte, A., R. C. Feiock, & K. Wassel. (2017). Urban Pressures and Innovations: Sustainability Commitment in the Face of Fragmentation and Inequality.
- Despeisse, M. (2017). Teaching Sustainability Leadership in Manufacturing: A Reflection on the Educational Benefits of the Board Game Factory Heroes
- Desrochers, M. N. & H. Mosher. (2017). Evaluation of an informational and behavior change program to increase students’ self-reported energy conservation.
- Dettori, A., Caboni, F., & Giudici, E. (2017). Education and Sustainability: The Case of Emotions Park
- Devine-Wright, P. & Batel, S. (2017). My neighbourhood, my country or my planet? The influence of multiple place attachments and climate change concern on social acceptance of energy infrastructure
- Dewanto, S. P., Kusuma, D. A., Ruchjana, B. N., & Abdullah, A. S. (2017). Intangible heritage for sustainable future: mathematics in the paddy field
- Dewi, O. C., Chairunnisa, I., Hidayat, T., Anggraini, M., Napitupulu, A. (2017). Green Open Space: Awareness for Health or Sustainability?
- Di Paola, M. (2017), Gardens and Cities
- Diaz, A. T. P. (2017). The human right to sustainable development in solidarity with Nature
- Diener, J. B. (2017). Sustainability in university residence halls: designing accessible programming and infrastructure to promote environmentally relevant behavior on campus
- Dietz, S. & N. Stern. (2008). Why Economic Analysis Supports Strong Action on Climate Change: A Response to the Stern Review’s Critics.
- Dillon, J. (2017). On the Convergence Between Science and Environmental Education
- Dimic, V., Milosevic, M., Milosevic, D., Stevic, D. (2018). Adjustable Model of Renewable Energy Projects for Sustainable Development: A Case Study of the Nisava District in Serbia
- Ding, Q., X. Chen, R. Hillborn, & Y. Chen. (2017). Vulnerability to impacts of climate change on marine fisheries and food security.
- Dion, M. (2017). Corporate Citizenship, Social Responsibility, and Sustainability Reports as “Would-be” Narratives.
- DiVito, L. & Ingen-Housz, Z. (2019). From individual sustainability orientations to collective sustainability innovation and sustainable entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Dlouhá, J. & M. Pospíšilová. (2017). Education for Sustainable Development Goals in public debate: The importance of participatory research in reflecting and supporting the consultation process in developing a vision for Czech education.
- Dong, J., Zhou, T., Xin, L., Tan, Y., Wang, Z. (2018). The Sustainable Expression of Ecological Concept in the Urban Landscape Environment Design
- Dooling, S. (2019). Urban Sustainability.
- Douglas, E., J. Jacobs, K. Hayhoe, & L. Silka. (2017). Progress and Challenges in Incorporating Climate Change Information into Transportation Research and Design.
- Downs, T. J. & N. Golovoko. (2017). Integrative education for climate change resilience x sustainable development transformations.
- Drabo, Alassane. (2017). Climate change mitigation and agricultural development models: Primary commodity exports or local consumption production?
- Dryzek, John S. (2005). Changing People: Green Consciousness.
- Dunetz, D., I. Avissar, & D. Gan. (2017). Education for Sustainability.
- DuPuis, E.M. & Ball, T. (2013). How not what: teaching sustainability as process
- Duque, E. A., Ortiz, P. M., Isaza, A. F., Lujan, A. F., Chica, S., Casamitjana, M. (2018).
- Dyakova, M. (2017). Investing in healthy urban environments – a pathway to sustainable development and equity
- Dybdahl, R., Lien, L. (2018). Mental health is an integral part of the sustainable development goals
- Dyllick, T. & Z. Rost. (2017). Towards true product sustainability.
- Dyson, R. A. (2017). Dealing with Climate Change in a Digital Age
- Earth Charter Initiative (2000) The Earth Charter
- Egger, A. E., K. A. Kastens, & M. K. Turrin. (2017). Sustainability, the Next Generation Science Standards, and the Education of Future Teachers.
- Ehmer, J. G. & M. Li. (2017). Environmental Education at the University of Richmond and Proposal for a Stewardship/Sustainability Themed First Year Experience.
- Eigert, L. & Krueger, R. (2012) Modernising sustainable development? Standardisation, evidence and experts in local indicators
- Eisen & Barlett (2006) The Piedmont Project: Fostering Faculty Development Toward Sustainability
- Elbakheit, A. R. (2018). A Framework Towards Enhanced Sustainable Systems Integration Into Tall Buildings Design
- Elbert, L. & Krueger, R. (2012) Modernizing sustainable development? Standardization, evidence and experts in local indicators. Local Environment 17(5): 561-571.
- Elmer, L. K., L. A. Kelly, S. Rivest, S. C. Steell, W. M. Twardek, A. J. Danylchuk, R. Arlinghaus, J. R. Bennett, & S. J. Cooke. (2017). Angling into the Future: Ten Commandments for Recreational Fisheries Science, Management, and Stewardship in a Good Anthropocene.
- Elzeyadi, I., Gatland, S. & Abboushi, B. (2017). Dynamic Daylight: Measuring the impacts of high performance daylighting system on occupants health, satisfaction, and productivity
- Engle, E. W., Barsom, S. H., Vandenbergh, L., Sterner, G. E., Alter, T. R. (2018). Developing a framework for sustainability meta-competencies
- Engle, E., Barsom, S., Vandenbergh, L., Sterner, G., & Alter, T. (2016). AN EXPLORATION OF COMPETENCIES IN SUSTAINABILITY: Working Paper 2014-2015
- EnvironmentalScience.org Sustainability Degree and Career Information
- Ervural, B. C., Evren, R., Delen, D. (2018). A multi-objective decision-making approach for sustainable energy investment planning
- Erwin, E. J. (2017). Transparency in Early Childhood Education: What the West Can Learn from Australia’s Focus on Well-Being
- Escrigas, C. (2016) A Higher Calling for Higher Education. Great Transition Initiative.
- Eshuis, J. & Stuiver, M. (2005). Learning in context through conflict and alignment: Farmers and scientists in search of sustainable agriculture
- Everett, G. & Lamond, J. (2018). Green roofs: Perceptions in the Newcastle, UK CBD
- Explore Global Weirding with Dr. Katharine Hayhoe
- Eyzaguirre, I. A. L., Fernandes, M. E. B. (2018). Environmental Governance As a Framework for Mangrove Sustainability on the Brazilian Amazon Coast
- Fallon, G., VanWynsberghe, R., & Robertson, P. (2017). Conceptions of Sustainability within the Redesigned K-12 Curriculum in British Columbia, Canada: Mapping a Disputed Terrain
- Faludi, J. (2017). Golden Tools in Green Design: What Drives Sustainability, Innovation, and Value in Green Design Methods?
- Fan, Q. (2017). Environmental Education in Post-green Revolution Punjab
- Farida, I., Hadiansyah, M. M., Munandar, A. (2017). Project-Based Learning Design for Internalization of Environmental Literacy with Islamic Values
- Farrakhova, D. I. & Daryakin, A. A. (2017). Management of the Finances of Households in conditions of Sustainable Development
- Febriasari, L.K. & Supriatna, N. (2017). Enhance Environmental Literacy through Problem Based Learning
- Feilen, K. L., Guillen, R. R., Vega, J., & Savage, A. (2017). Developing successful conservation education programs as a means to engage local communities in protecting cotton-top tamarins in Columbia
- Feltman, B. C., P. E. Norris, & J. L. Batanian. (2017). Gauging concerns about climate change in Great Lakes coastal communities.
- Feng, H. & Hewage, K. (2017). Economic Benefits and Costs of Green Roofs
- Ferkany, M. (2018). Legitimizing education in sustainability
- Ferreira, E. T. F., Balestieri, J. A. P. (2018). Comparative analysis of waste-to-energy alternatives for a low-capacity power plant in Brazil
- Fevolden, A. M., L. Coenen, T. Hansen, & A. Klitkou. (2017). The Role of Trials and Demonstration Projects in the Development of a Sustainable Bioeconomy.
- Fields, K. P. (2018). Beyond Protest: The Effects of Grassroots Activism on Maryland and Pennsylvania’s Responses to Environmental Justice
- Filho, W. L., Guerra, B. A., Mifsud, M., & Pretorius, R. (2017). Universities as Living Labs for sustainable development: A global perspective
- Filho, W. L., Icaza, L. E., Neht, A., Klavins, M., Morgan, E. A. (2017). Coping with the impacts of Urban Heat Islands A literature based study on understanding urban heat vulnerability and the need for resilience in cities in a global climate change context
- Finkenstaedt-Quinn, S. A., Hudson-Smith, N. V., Styles, M. J., Maudal, M. K., Juelfs, A. R., Haynes, C. L. (2018). Expanding the Educational Toolset for Chemistry Outreach
- Finn, S. & L. O’Fallon. (2017). The Emergence of Environmental Health Literacy–From Its Roots to Its Future Potential.
- Fischback, E. (2019). Evaluating the Environmental Concern and Willingness to Pay for Plastic Alternatives in the Gulf of Mexico
- Fischer, L. K., Brinkmeyer, D., Karle, S. J., Cremer, K., Huttner, E., Seebauer, M., Nowikow, U., Schutze, B., Voigt, P., Volker, S., Kowarik, I. (2018). Biodiverse edible schools: Linking healthy food, school gardens, and local urban biodiversity
- Fiselier, E,. Longhurst, J., & Gough, G. (2017). Exploring the current position of ESD in UK Higher Education Institutions
- Fodness, D. (2016). The problematic nature of sustainable tourism: some implications for planners and managers.
- Fonseca, P., Moura, P., Jorge, H., Almeida, A. (2018). Sustainability in university campus: options for achieving nearly zero energy goals
- Foster, G., Stagl, S. (2018). Design, implementation, and evaluation of an inverted classroom model economics for sustainable education course
- Fotis, P., Polemis, M. L. (2018). Sustainable development, environmental policy and renewable energy use: A dynamic panel data approach
- Fouladi, J., Linke, P. (2018). A Systematic Approach for Designing Sustainable Industrial WaterEnergy Integration Network
- Foy, G. P. & Foy, R. L. H. (2017). Climate Science Education – Hope for Our Future
- Frame, B. (2008) “Wicked,” “messy” and “clumsy:” Long-term frameworks for sustainability. Environment and Planning C 26: 1113-1128.
- Franceschini, M. C., Agrela de Andrade, E. & Cimmino, K. (2017). Healthy Cities, Healthy Settings and Education: How Do They Work Together to Promote Sustainable Development?
- Franck, Olof. (2017). Highlighting Ethics, Subjectivity and Democratic Participation in Sustainability Education: Challenges and Contributions.
- Franquesa, D. & L. Navarro. (2017). Sustainability and Participation in the Digital Commons.
- Frantzeskaki, N., Steenbergen, F., Stedman, R. C. (2018). Sense of place and experimentation in urban sustainability transitions: the Resilience Lab in Carnisse, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- French, N. (2017). Inclusive and Lateral Environmental Governance: Exploring Theoretical and Practical Capacity for Networking Environmental Governance in the Russian Arctic
- From Chernobyl to Fukushima: an interdisciplinary framework for managing and communicating food security risks after nuclear plant accidents
- Frost, A. R. (2017). Quantifying the Sustainability Performance of Urban Form in California
- Gagnon, P., Telesford, J. N. (2018). Promoting Green Skills in the Caribbean: A Grenada-Canada Partnership to Educate and Train the Sustainable Development Practitioner for the Twenty-First Century
- Gaio-Oliveira, G., A. Delicado, & M. A. Martins-Loução. (2017). Botanic Gardens as Communicators of Plant Diversity and Conservation.
- Gaither, B. M. & J. Sincliar. (2017). Environmental Marketplace Advocacy: Influences and Implications of U.S. Public Response.
- Galan-Martin, A., Fernandez, C. P., Azapagic, A., Grossmann, I., Dowell, N. M., Guillen-Gosalbez, G. (2017). Time for global action: An optimised cooperative approach towards effective climate change mitigation
- Galway, L., Parkes, M., Corbett, K., Allen, D., & Takaro, T. (2016). Climate Change Frames in Public Health and Water Resource Management: Towards Intersectoral Climate Change Adaptation.
- Garcia-Martin, M., Plieninger, T., Bieling, C. (2017). Dimensions of Landscape Stewardship across Europe: Landscape Values, Place Attachment, Awareness, and Personal Responsbility
- Gardiner, S. M. & Hartzell-Nichols, L. (2012) Ethics and Global Climate Change. Nature Education Knowledge 3(10):5
- Gareau, B. J. (2017). Sociology in Global Environmental Governance? Neoliberalism, Protectionism and the Methyl Bromide Controversy in the Montreal Protocol
- Garrote, L. (2017). Managing Water Resources to Adapt to Climate Change: Facing Uncertainty and Scarcity in a Changing Context.
- Gartrell, G., Mount, J., Hanak, E., & Gray, B. (2017). A New Approach to Accounting for Environmental Water
- Gasper, D., & George, S. (2017). Cultivating Humanity? Education and Capabilities for a Global ‘Great Transition’
- Gaviglio, A., Bertocchi, M., & Demartini, E. (2017). A Tool for the Sustainability Assessment of Farms: Selection, Adaptation and Use of Indicators for an Italian Case Study
- Geiger, N., J. K. Swim, & J. Fraser. (2017). Creating a climate for change: Interventions, efficacy, and public discussion about climate change.
- Geiger, N., J. K. Swim, J. Fraser, & K. Flinner. (2017). Catalyzing Public Engagement with Climate Change through Informal Science Learning Centers.
- Gellers, J. & Jeffords, C. (2018). Toward Environmental Democracy? Procedural Environmental Rights and Environmental Justice
- Ghisloti lared, V., A. Di Tullio, P. G. Payne, & H. Torres de Oliveira. (2017). Philosophical Hermeneutics and Critical Pedagogy in Environmental Education Research and Practice.
- Gokool-Ramdoo, S. & A. B. Rumjaun. (2017). Education for Sustainable Development: Connecting the Dots for Sustainability.
- Gold, A. U., Leckey, E., Littrell-Baez, M., Smith, L., Lynds, S. (2018). Student-Produced Short Films About Impacts of Climate Change on Local Communities: An Effective Approach That Combines Art and Place-Based Learning
- Gold, S. & M. C. Schleper. (2017). A pathway towards true sustainability: A recognition foundation of sustainable supply chain management.
- Goldman, C. A., Karam, R., Stalczynski, M., Giglio, K. (2018). Promoting the Long-Term Sustainability and Viability of Universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education
- Goldman, D., Baum, D., Ayalon, O., Weiss, B. (2018). Influence of ‘Green School Certification’ on Students’ Environmental Literacy and Adoption of Sustainable Practice by Schools
- Goldthau, A., Keating, M. F., & Kuzemko, C. (2018). Handbook of the International Political Economy of Energy and Natural Resources
- Golomb, S. (2018). Evaluating the Theory and Outcomes of the Teen Advocates for Sustainability Corps Summit
- Gomez-Echeverri, L. (2018). Climate and development: enhancing impact through stronger linkages in the implementation of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Gond, J-P, A. E. Akremi, V. Swaen, & N. Babu. (2017). The Psychological Microfoundations of Corporate Social Responsibility: A person-centric systematic review.
- Gonzales, C. & Abdulkadri, A. (2017). Report of the Workshop to Accelerate the Sustainable Development Goals Implementation in the Caribbean
- Gonzalez, G. C., Culbertson, S., & Nanda, N. (2017). The Appalachia Partnership Initiative’s Investments in Education, Workforce Development, and the Community
- Gonzalez-Gorman, S. (2017). Social Justice and Sustainability Efforts in the U.S.- Mexico Transborder Region
- Goodland, R. & Daly, H. (1996) Environmental Sustainability: Universal and Non-negotiable
- Gordan, D. E. (2010). Green Schools as High Performance Learning Facilities
- Gotschke, J., Mertsch, P., Bischof, M., Kneidinger, N., & Matthes, S. (2017). Perception of climate change in patients with chronic lung disease
- Gould, Stephen Jay (1990) The Golden Rule – A Proper Scale for Our Environmental Crisis
- Grant, J. B., MacLean, J. S. (2018). Semester in the Parks: Engaging Students with Common Intellectual Experiences
- Grasso, Marco. (2007). A Normative Ethical Framework in Climate Change.
- GRAY, J. & CURRY, P. (2016) Ecodemocracy: helping wildlife’s right to survive. ECOS
- Gray, L. K., Russell, E. J., Barber, Q. E., & Hamann, A. (2017). Genetic conservation planning for forest tree species in Western North America under future climate change: Employing a novel approach to identify conservation gaps
- Gray, R. (2010) Is accounting for sustainability actually accounting for sustainability…and how would we know? An exploration of narratives of organisations and the planet
- Green, M. (2016). ‘If there’s no sustainability our future will get wrecked’: Exploring children’s perspectives of sustainability. Childhood.
- Green, M. (2018). Sustainability literacies in place: How children come to know, communicate, and enact sustainability
- Green, Ronald M. (1977). Intergenerational Distributive Justice and Environmental Responsibility.
- Greenwood, D. (2003). Foundations of place: A multidisciplinary framework for place-conscious education. American Education Research Journal, 40, 619-654.
- Greenwood, D. (2003). The best of both worlds: A critical pedagogy of place. Educational Researcher, 32(4), 3-12.
- Grega, W. & PikoA, K. (2018). A new education model in sustainable energy
- Gregson, J. A., Ruppel, K. (2017). Career and Technical Education for Sustainability: A Multiple Case Study of Innovative Community College Programs
- Grice, Marie. (2017). Philosophizing with Transdisciplinarity, Relational Knowledge and Ethics in Education for Sustainable Development.
- Griswold, W., Saulters, O. S., Sanders, A. G. Y. (2018). The Future of Sustainability: A Participant Motivation Model for Higher Education, Research, and Practice
- Griswold, W., Saulters, O. S., Sanders, A. G. Y. (2018). The Future of Sustainability: A Participant Motivation Model for Higher Education, Research, and Practice
- Griswold, Wendy. (2017). Sustainability, Ecojustice, and Adult Education.
- Groen, E. (2017). Leading Change: Student Engagement in Sustainability Leadership.
- Grundmeier, A. M. (2017). Why Sustainability within the Fashion Market Needs Education
- Gupta, G. & P. Mehta. (2017). Roof Top Farming a Solution to Food Security and Climate Change Adaptation for Cities.
- Gupta, H. & N. Singhal. (2017). Framework for Embedding Sustainability in Business Schools: A Review.
- Gustafsson, C. & A. Ijla. (2017). Museums: An incubator for sustainable social development and environmental protection.
- Hafezi, R., M. Bahrami, & A. N. Akhavan. (2017). Sustainability in Development: rethinking about old paradigms.
- Häggström, Margaretha. (2017). An Aesthetic and Ethical Perspective on Art-Based Environmental Education and Sustainability from a Phenomenological Viewpoint.
- Hale, A. E., C. C. Shelton, J. Richter, & L. M. Archambault. Integrating Geoscience and Sustainability: Examining Socio-Techo-Ecological Relationships Within Content Designed to Prepare Teachers.
- Hale, A., Archambault, L., Chacon, G. M. (2018). Education for Sustainability: Online Professional Development for Educators
- Hale, A., Archambault, L., Chacon, G. M. (2018). Education for Sustainability: Online Professional Development for Educators
- Haley, R. A., Ringo, J. M., Hopgood, H., Denlinger, K. L., Das, A., Waddell, D. C. (2018). Graduate Student Designed and Delivered: An Upper-Level Online Course for Undergraduates in Green Chemistry and Sustainability
- Halperin, A. & Walton, P. (2017). The Importance of Place in Communicating Climate Change to Different Facets of the American Public
- Hamilton, J. (n.d.) The Problems with Defining Sustainbility
- Hamilton, Jim (n.d.) Sustainability and the Laws of Nature
- Hamilton, Jim (n.d.) The Paradoxes of Sustainability
- Hamilton, Jim (n.d.) Worldview: The Right of Ascendancy
- Hamilton, L. C., Bell, E., Hartter, J., Salerno, J. D. (2018). A change in the wind? US public views on renewable energy and climate compared
- Hamzaee, R. G., L. Hicks, & M. Burrow. (2017). The Critical Significance of Middle Class America for a Collective U.S. Prosperity and Socioeconomic Sustainability.
- Hand, K. L., Freeman, C., Seddon, P. J., Recio, M. R., Stein, A. & Heezik, Y. (2017). Restricted home ranges reduce children’s opportunities to connect to nature: Demographic, environmental and parental influences
- Hansen, Suzanne S. (2017). The Campus as a Living Laboratory, Macalester College Case Study Macalester College, USA.
- Hanus, N. L., Wong-Parodi, G., Vaishnav, P. T., Darghouth, N. R., & Azevedo, I. L. 2019. Solar PV as a mitigation strategy for the US education sector
- Hardin, G. (1968) Tragedy of the Commons
- Hardman, S., Turrentine, T., Axsen, J., Garas, D., Goldberg, S., Jochem, P., Karlsson, S., Nicholas, M., Plotz, P., Pontes, J., Rafa, N., Sprei F., & Tal, G. (2017). Driving the Market for Plug-in Vehicles – Understanding Financial Purchase Incentives
- Harriet Bulkeley and Michell Betsill (2005). Rethinking sustainable cities: Multilevel governance and the ‘urban’ politics of climate change. Environmental Politics
- Harrington, C. A., St. Clair, B. (2017). The Douglas-fir seed-source movement trial yields early results
- Hartatik, S. E. & Itaya, A. (2019). The Current Status of Green Space around Elementary Schools: A Case Study of Malang, Indonesia
- Harvard Project on Climate Agreements
- Hasan, M. S., Ebrahim, Z., Wan Mahmood, W. H., & Ab Rahman, M. N. (2017). Sustainable-ERP System: A Preliminary Study on Sustainability Indicators
- Hasan, S. S., Jamrozik, A., Campanella, C., Aristizabal, S., Zhang, R., Clements, N. (2018). Living Labs: Measuring Human Experience in the Built Environment
- Hathaway, J., Maibach, E. W. (2018). Health Implications of Climate Change: A Review of the Literature About the Perception of the Public and Health Professionals
- Hauk, M., Williams, D., Bluehorse-Skelton, J., Kelley, S. S., Gerofsky, S., Lagerwey, C. (2018). Learning Gardens for All: Diversity and Inclusion
- Hawkins, H. & A. Kanngieser. (2017). Artful climate change communication: overcoming abstractions, insensibilities, and distances.
- Hayajneh, A. Z., Elbarrawy, H., Elshazly, Y., Rashid, T. (2017). Football and Sustainability in the Desert, Qatar 2022 Green World Cup’s Stadiums: Legal Perspective
- Hazel, P. V. D. (2017) Public health policies to adapt to climate change and changes in infectious disease patterns
- He, Q., Hong, F., Ji, H., & Fang, S. (2017). Environmental Inequality in China: A ‘Pyramid Model’ and Nationwide Pilot Analysis of Prefectures with Sources of Industrial Pollution
- Hebe, H. (2019). Locating the Position of Environmental Education in the South African School Curriculum: The Case of Grade R
- Heffron, R. J. & D. McCauley. (2017). The concept of energy justice across the disciplines.
- Heiligenberg, H., G. J. Heimeriks, M. P. Hekkert, & F. G. Oort. (2017). A habitat for sustainability experiments: Success factors for innovations in their local and regional contexts.
- Heinberg, Richard (2007) Five Axioms of Sustainability
- Heiskanen, E., K. Hyvonen, S. Laakso, P. Laitila, & K. Matschoss. (2017). Adoption and use of low-carbon technologies: Lessons from 100 Finnish Pilot Studies, Field Experiments, and Demonstrations.
- Hejny, J. (2018). The Trump Administration and environmental policy: Reagan redux?
- Hendi, S. Z. & Soleymani, H. (2017). The Role of Multinational Corporations in Human Security and Environmental Protection
- Hensley, Nathan. (2017). The Future of Sustainability in Higher Education.
- Herrmann, J. & E. Guenther. (2017). Exploring a scale of organizational barriers for enterprises’ climate change adaptation strategies.
- Herweg, K., Zimmermann, A. B., Hansen, L. L., Tribelhorn, T., Hammer, T., Tanner, R. P., Trechsel, L., Bieri, S. & Klay, A. (2017). Integrating Sustainable Development into Higher Education
- Herweg, K., Zimmermann, A. B., Hansen, L. L., Tribelhorn, T., Hammer, T., Tanner, R. P., Trechsel, L., Bieri, S., & Klay, A. (2017). Integrating Sustainable Development into Higher Education
- Hess, C., Niemeyer, T., Fichtner, A., Jansen, K., Kunz, M., Maneke, M., Wehrden, H., Quante, M., Walmsley, D., Oheimb, G., & Hardtle, W. (2017). Anthropogenic nitrogen deposition alters growth responses of European beech to climate change
- Hess, D. J. & Maki, A. (2019). Climate Change Belief, Sustainability Education, and Political Value: Assessing the Need for Higher-Education Curriculum Reform
- Higgs, A. L. & McMillan, V. M. (2010). Teaching Through Modeling: Four Schools’ Experiences in Sustainability Education
- Hildyard, Lohman, & Sexton (2014) Energy Alternatives: Surveying the Territory
- Hilson, A. E. (2017). Corporate Environmental Responsibility.
- Hinrichs, C. (2008). Interdisciplinarity and boundary work: challenges and opportunities for agrifood studies
- Hoffman, A. J. & J. Axson. (2017). Examining interdisciplinary sustainability institutes at major research universities: innovations in cross-campus and cross-disciplinary models.
- Holifield, R. (2001). Defining environmental justice and environmental racism. Urban Geography.
- Hong, T., Wu, X., Chen, Y., Lin, X. (2018). Impact of Roof Greening on the Ecological Environment of the Green Building, Exemplified by the Roof Garden of the Mingde Building in Fujian Agricultural and Forestry University
- Hopwood, S. (2009). Accounting and the Environment
- Horakova, A., Broukalova, I., Kohoutkova, A., Vaskova, J. (2017). Sustainability and durability analysis of reinforced concrete structures
- Horvath, M. (2014) How We Live
- Hougham, J., Nutter, M., Graham, C. (2018). Bridging Natural and Digital Domains: Attitudes, Confidence, and Interest in Using Technology to Learn Outdoors
- Hoveskog, M., F. Halila, M. Mattson, A. Upward, & N. Karlsson. (2017). Educational for Sustainable Development: Business modelling for flourishing.
- Howes, M. (2018). Developing Undergraduate Foundation Courses in Sustainability
- Huang, C., Wang, Q., Wang, S., Ren, M., Ma, R., & He, Y. (2017). Air Pollution Prevention and Control Policy in China
- Huang, N., Zhong, J., & Deng, S. (2016). Vision of Curriculum and teaching from Ecological Sustainability.
- Hueskes, M., K. Verhoest, & T. Block. (2017). Governing public–private partnerships for sustainability: An analysis of procurement and governance practices of PPP infrastructure projects.
- Hugé, J., Block,T., Waas, T., Wright, T., & Dahdouh-Guebasa, F. (2016). How to walk the talk? Developing actions for sustainability in academic research.
- Hursh, D. & Henderson, J. (2011). Contesting global neoliberalism and creating alternative futures. Vol. 32 (2)
- Hurtado, P. (2018). From Sustainable Cities to Sustainable People – Making Behaviour Change towards Sustainability a Priority in Urban Planning Processes
- Hutcheson, W., Hoagland, P., Jin, D. (2018). Valuing environmental education as a cultural ecosystem service at Hudson River Park
- Huynh, L. T., Stringer, L. C. (2018). Multi-scale assessment of social vulnerability to climate change: An empirical study in coastal Vietnam
- Ichinose, T. (2017). An Analysis of Transformation of Teaching and Learning of Japanese Schools that Significantly Addressed Education for Sustainable Development
- Ifaei, P., Karbassi, A., Lee, S., & Yoo, C. (2017). A renewable energies-assisted sustainable development plan for Iran using techno-econo-socio-environmental multivariate analysis and big data
- Ignell, C., Davies, P., & Lundholm, C. (2017). A longitudinal study of upper secondary school students’ values and beliefs regarding policy responses to climate change
- Ikeme, Jekwu. (2003). Equity, Environmental Justice and Sustainability: Incomplete Approaches in Climate Change Politics.
- Ikhsan, F. A., Kurnianto, F. A., Apriyanto, B., Nurdin, E. A., & Puji, R. P. N. (2019). The research based learning approach in Environmental Education
- Ilham, Z., Jamaludin, A. A., Zulkifli, N. E. I., Kamar, M. F., Zuki, F. M., Jani, R. (nd). Issues and Challenges in Organizing an Effective Campus Energy Saving Culture
- Ilisko, D., Olehnovica, E., Ostrovska, I., Akmene, V., & Salite, I. (2017). Meeting the Challenges of ESD Competency – Based Curriculum in a Vocational School Setting
- Illich, I. (1973) Energy and Equity
- Ince, F. (2017). Perceptions of environmental sustainability amongst mineworkers
- Interactive Flood Maps for Climate Change and Sea Level Rise
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 5th Assessment Report – Summary for Policy Makers
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature (1980) World Conservation Strategy
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature Red List
- Isaksson, K., Heikkinen, S. (2018). Sustainability Transitions at the Frontline. Lock-in and Potential for Change in the Local Planning Area
- Islam, M. S. (2017). Sustainability through the lens of Environmental Sociology: An introduction.
- Iverson, Susan V. (2015) “The potential of ecofeminism to develop ‘deep’ sustainability competencies for education for sustainable development,” The Seneca Falls Dialogues Journal.
- Iwan, A. (2017). The Green School Concept: Perspectives of Stakeholders from Award-Winning Green Preschools in Bali, Berkeley, and Hong Kong
- Jacobson, S. K., J. R. Seavey, and R. C. Mueller. (2016). Integrated science and art education for creative climate change communication. Ecology and Society.
- Jahanshahi, A. A. & Brem, A. (2017). Sustainability in SMEs: Top Management Teams Behavioral Integration as Source of
- Jaime, V. M. (2018). Reinvesting in Higher Education: Making the Case for Campus Sustainability
- James Meadowcroft. (2007). Who is in charge here? Governance for sustainable development in a complex world. Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning 9
- Jarchow, M. E., Formisano, P., Sayre, M. (2017). Measuring longitudinal student performance on student learning outcomes in sustainability education
- Jastrzebska, E. (2017). The responsible consumer as an answer to new sustainable development challenges.
- Jat, A. K. & Prithviraj, D. M. (ND). Consumer’s Acceptance to Green Building Concept for Sustainable Construction in India
- Jennings, V., Browning, M. H. E. M., & Rigolon, A. (2019). Cultural Ecosystem Services Meet Broader Frameworks in Public Health
- Jennings, V., Browning, M. H. E. M., Rigolon, A. (2019). Urban Green Space at the Nexus of Environmental Justice and Health Equity
- Jevtic, M. (2017). Mental health & the role of mindset in Climate Change issues: Marija Jevtic
- Johnsen, K. H., Butnor, J. R., & Crane, B. S. (2017). A new program of work to conduct research in support of gene conservation, restoration, and proactive deployment of red spruce in light of climate change
- Johnson, D. L., Lynch, R. A., Floyd, E. L., Wang, J., Bartels, J. N. (2018). Indoor air quality in classrooms: Environmental measures and effective ventilation rate modeling in urban elementary schools
- Jolly, M. R. & Salonitis, K. (2017). Primary Manufacturing, Engine Production and on-the-road CO2: How can the Automotive Industry Best Contribute to Environmental Sustainability?
- Jones, J. & Zubielqui, G. (2016). Doing well by doing good: A study of university-industry interactions, innovationess and firm performance in sustainability-oriented Australian SMEs.
- Jonsdottir, A. (N.D.). Teach Me Something: Respect For and About Different Forms of Sustainability Knowledge
- Jormanainen, I., Toivonen, T., Nivalainen, V. (2018). A Smart Learning Environment for Environmental Education
- Joshi, S., Kangle, K., Jadhav, P., Nikam, R. (2018). Green Buildings are Environmental Sustainable Buildings
- Juliana, Pablo & Kai Knoerzer. (2017). Multiphysics Modelling of Innovative Food Processing Technologies.
- Junior, R. M., Fien, J., Horne, R. (2019). Implementing the UN SDGs in Universities: Challenges, Opportunities, and Lessons Learned
- Jusselme, T., Rey, E., Andersen, M. (2018). An integratice approach for embodied energy: Towards an LCA-based data-driven design method
- Kaaronen, R. O. (2017). Affording Sustainability
- Kagan, S., Hauerwaas, A., Holz, V., & Wedler, P. (2017). Culture in sustainable urban development: Practices and policies for spaces of possibility and institutional innovations
- Kahn, R. & Kellner. (2005). Reconstructing Technoliteracy: A Multiple Literacies Approach. E-Learning and Digital Media.
- Kahn, Richard (2011) How Should Global Climate Change Change the Climate of Our Conversation in Education?
- Kapitulčinová, Dana, A. AtKisson, J. Perdue, & M. Will. (2017). Towards integrated sustainability in higher education – Mapping the use of the Accelerator toolset in all dimensions of university practice.
- Karlusch, A., Sachsenhofer, W., Reinsberger, K. (2017). Educating for the development of sustainable business models: Designing and delivering a course to foster creativity
- Kayumova, S., McGuire, C. J., Cardello, S. (2018). From empowerment to response-ability: rethinking socio-spatial, environmental justice, and nature-culture binaries in the context of STEM education
- Keeler, L. W., Gabriele, A., Kay, B. R., & Wiek, A. (2017). Future Shocks and City Resilience: Building Organizational Capacity for Resilience and Sustainability through Game Play and Ways of Thinking
- Kenis, A. (2016). Ecological citizenship and democracy: Communitarian versus agonistic perspectives. Environmental Politics.
- Khandelwal, N. & Gupta, H. (2017). Watershed Management Through Four Waters Concept: A Key to Sustainable Rural Development
- Khoshbakht, M., Gou, Z., Lu, Y., Xie, X., Zhang, J. (2018). Are green buildings more satisfactory? A review of global evidence
- Kibria, G. (2017). Food Waste Impacts on Climate Change & Water Resources
- Kibria, G. (2017). Low-Carbon Development
- Kim, S., Kwon, H. (2018). Urban Sustainability through Public Architecture
- Kim, Y., Moon, J., Hwang, E. (2018). Constructing Differentiated Educational Materials Using Semantic Annotation for Sustainable Education in IoT Environments
- Kirkvold, H. (2018). T3-D: The Development of a Pilot University Course in Partnership with USGCB to Engage Future Sustainability-minded Professionals
- Kissi, E., Sadick, M., Agyemang, D. Y. (2018). Drivers Militating against the Pricing of Sustainable Construction Materials: The Ghanaian Quantity Surveyors Perspective
- Kissling, M.T. & Calabrese Barton, A. (2013). Interdisciplinary Study of the Local Power Plant: Cultivating Ecological Citizens. Social Studies Research and Practice.
- Kissling, M.T. (2012). A Living Curriculum of Place(s). Journal of Curriculum Theorizing.
- Klauer, B., B. Bartkowski, R. Manstetten, & T. Petersen. (2017). Sustainability as a Fair Bequest: An Evaluation Challenge.
- Knowlton, K. & Shaman, J. (2017). The Need for Climate and Health Education
- Knutsson, B. (2018). Green machines? Destabilizing discourse in technology education for sustainable development
- Kobylarczyk, J., Glowienka, E., Dobrowolski, J. W., Mikrut, S. (2017). Eco-buildings Sustainable Design in Linkage With Remote Sensing and Underground Urban Agriculture
- Koehn, P. & Uitto, J. (2014). Evaluating sustainability education: lessons from international development experience. Higher Education.
- Kolb, M., L. Frohlich., & R. Schmidpeter. (2017). Implementing sustainability as the new normal: Responsible management education- From a private business school’s perspective.
- Kolleck, N., Jorgens, H., & Well, M. (2017). Levels of Governance in Policy Innovation Cycles in Community Education: The Cases of Education for Sustainable Development and Climate Change Education
- Kollmuss, A. & Agyeman, J. (2002). Mind the Gap: Why do people act environmentally and what are the barriers to pro-environmental behavior? Environmental Education Research
- Komasinksi, A. & Ishimura, G. (2017). Critical Thinking and Normative Competencies for Sustainability Science Education. Journal of Higher Education and Lifelong Learning.
- Koutra, S., Ioakimidis, C. S., Gallas, M. A., Becue, V. (2018). Towards the Development of a Net-Zero Energy District Evaluation Approach: A Review of Sustainable Approaches and Assessment Tools
- Koutra, S., Ioakimidis, C. S., Gallas, M. A., Becue, V. (2018). Towards the Development of a Net-Zero Energy District Evaluation Approach: A Review of Sustainable Approaches and Assessment Tools
- Kreslake, J., Price, K., & Sarfaty, M. (2016). Developing effective communication materials on the health effects of climate change for vulnerable groups: a mixed methods study.
- Kromidha, E., L. J. Spence, S. Anastasiadis, & D. Dore. (2017). A Longitudinal Perspective on Sustainability and Innovation Governmentality: The Case of the Olympic Games as a Mega-Event.
- Kuhmonen, T. (2016). Exposing the attractors of evolving complex adaptive systems by utilising futures images: Milestones of the food sustainability journey.
- Kulin, J. & I. J. Seva. (2017). The social trap that might destroy us: Generalized trust and the link between environmental concern and civic pro-environmental behavior across 32 countries.
- Kumar, V., T. K. Agrawal, L. Wang, & Y. Chen. (2017). Contribution of traceability towards attaining sustainability in the textile sector.
- Kurucz, E. & Nicholson, J. (2019). Relational Leadership for Sustainability: Building an Ethical Framework from the Moral Theory of ‘Ethics of Care’
- Laaroussi, A., Bakkali, S., & Cherkaoui, O. (2017). Role of Industries and Higher School of Engineering Towards Green Industrialization and Green Economy: Morocco Case Study
- Lacroix, K. & R. Gifford. (2017). Psychological Barriers to Energy Conservation Behavior: The Role of Worldviews and Climate Change Risk Perception.
- Laforge J. M. L. (2017). Farmer Knowledge in Alternative Agriculture: Community Learning and the Politics of Knowledge
- Laneve, G., & Aleandri, G. (2017). Environmental Education for Sustainable Development and Active Citizenship Participation Italian experience
- Langbeheim, E. & P. Rez. (2017). Sustainable Energy for University Science Majors: Developing Guidelines for Educators.
- Lange, E. A. (2017). Transformative Sustainability Education: From Sustainababble to a Civilization Leap
- Langenbach, B. P., Berger, S., Baumgartner, T., Knoch, D. (2019). Cognitive Resources Moderate the Relationship Between Pro-Environmental Attitudes and Green Behavior
- Laraichi, M. O. & Daim, T. U. (2017). Assessing Government’s Solutions for Urban Growth Within a Sustainable Development Approach
- Large City Sea Level Rise Maps
- Larsson, J. & J. Holmberg. (2017). Learning while creating value for sustainability transitions: The case of Challenge Lab at Chalmers University of Technology.
- lasiak, R., J. Spijkers, K. Tokunaga, J. Pittman, N. Yagi, & H. Osterblom. (2017). Climate change and marine fisheries: Least developed countries top global index of vulnerability.
- Latif, S. A., Bidin, Y. H., Awang, Z. (2018). The Moderating Role of the Residents’ Education Level in the Realization of Green Cities
- Lau, Andrew (2010) Sustainable Design: A New Paradigm for Engineering Education
- Lautensach, A. (2018). Learning for biosphere security in a crowded, warming world
- Lazzarini, B., Perez-Foguet, A., Boni, A. (2018). Key characteristics of academics promoting Sustainable Human Development within engineering studies
- Le Grange, L. 2019. The Anthropocene: Becoming-imperceptible of (environmental) education.
- Lebel, L., Kakonen, M., Dany, V., Lebel, P., Thuon, T., Voladet, S. (2018). The framing and governance of climate change adaptation projects in Lao PDR and Cambodia
- Leffers, J. M., Smith, C. M., McDermott-Levy, R., Resick, L. K., Hanson, M. J., Jordan, L. C., Jackman-Murphy, K. P., Huffling, K. (2015). Developing Curriculum Recommendations for Environmental Health in Nursing
- Leigh, C., Boersma, K. S., Galatowitsch, M. L., Milner, V. S., Stubbington, R. (2019). Are all rivers equal? The role of education in attitudes towards temporary and perennial rivers
- Leimona, B. & M. Noordwijk. (2017). Smallholder agroforestry for sustainable development goals: ecosystem services and food security.
- Lempert, R. J., Marangoni, G., Keller, K., Duke, J. (2018). Is Climate Restoration an Appropriate Climate Policy Goal?
- Lenkart, M. (2018). Environmental Justice and the Racism that Spawned a Movement
- Leopold, Aldo (1947) The Land Ethic
- Levasseur, M., Poulin, P., Campagna, C. & Leclerc, J. (2017). Integrated Management of Residential Indoor Air Quality: A Call for Stakeholders in a Changing Climate
- Levin, K., Cashore, B., Bernstein, S., & Auld, G. (2012). Overcoming the tragedy of super wicked problems: constraining our future selves to ameliorate global climate change. Policy Science 45. Pp. 123–152.
- Lewis, G. (2016) Responsibility, Sustainability and Moral Judgement in International Corporations: A Review and Critique
- Li, C. J., Monroe, M. C., & Ritchie, T. (2017). Integrating Social Science Research to Advance Sustainability Education
- Li, N., Chan, D., Mao, Q., Hsu, K. & Fu, Z. (2017). Urban sustainability education: Challenges and pedagogical experiments
- Lin, L. & Wei, S. (2017). An Empirical Study on the Impact of Residents Environmental Protection Behaviour on the Sustainable Development of Economy and Society
- Lindstrom, T. & C. Middlecamp. (2017). Campus as a Living Laboratory for Sustainability: The Chemistry Connection.
- Linton, T. & R. Handfield. (2017). GOOD! The Ability to Build Balanced Supply Chains.
- Lior, N., Radovanovic, M., Filipovic, S. (2018). Comparing sustainable development measurement based on different priorities: sustainable development goals, economics, and human well-being – Southeast Europe case
- Lioutas, E. D. & Charatsari, C. (2017). Green Innovativeness in Farm Enterprises: What Makes Farmers Think Green?
- Literate Practices: Public Deliberations about Energy and Environmental Risks
- Liu, D., R. Huang, & M. Wosinski. (2017). Development of Smart Cities: Educational Perspective.
- Liu, G., M. T. Brown, & M. Casazza. (2017). Enhancing the Sustainability Narrative through a Deeper Understanding of Sustainable Development Indicators.
- Liu, T., Chen, P., Chou, N. N. S. (2019). Comparison of Assessment Systems for Green Building and Green Civil Infrastructure
- Liu, X. (2018). Building Integrated Design Practice under the Concept of Sustainable Development
- Lloyd, D. & Deans, J. A. (2017). Building on the Buzz: Community Learning about and Valuing Native Australian Bees
- Logan, B. E. (2017). The Global Challenge of Sustainable Seawater Desalination.
- Lohman, L. (2014) The injustices inside climate science, by Larry Lohman
- Loncarevic, N., Bertram, M., Dorgelo, A., Jansen, J., & Aro, A. R. (2017). One-year sustainability of Stewardship policy interventions in Denmark and The Netherlands
- Louve, R. (2009). Do our kids have nature deficit disorder? Educational Leadership.
- Low, N. P. & B. J. Gleeson. (1997). Justice in and to the environment: Ethical uncertainties and political practices.
- Lozano, R., Merrill, M. Y., Sammalisto, K., Ceulemans, K., Lozano, F. J. (2017). Connecting Competences and Pedagogical Approaches for Sustainable Development in Higher Education: A Literature Review and Framework Proposal
- Lozano, R., Merrill, M. Y., Sammalisto, K., Ceulemans, K., Lozano, F. J. (2017). Connecting Competences and Pedagogical Approaches for Sustainable Development in Higher Education: A Literature Review and Framework Proposal
- Lu, F., Rosser, R. H., Renteria, A., Kim, N., Erickson, E., Sher, A., & O’Conner, L. (2017). Inclusive Sustainability: Environmental Justice in Higher Education
- Lu, H., Wei, Y., Yang, S., Liu, Y. (2019). Regional spatial patterns and influencing factors of environmental auditing for sustainable development: summaries and illuminations from international experiences
- Lumber, R., Richardson, M., Albertsen, J. (2018). HFE in Biophilic Design: Human Connections with Nature
- Lutz, W. (2017). Studying the Demography of Sustainable Human Wellbeing: Empowered Life Years (ELY) as Sustainability Criterion.
- Ma, Y. J., H. J. Gam, & J. Banning. (2017). Perceived ease of use and usefulness of sustainability labels on apparel products: application of the technology acceptance model.
- Macdonald, I. & M. MacLeod. (2017). Design Education without Borders: How Students Can Engage with a Socially Conscious Pedagogy as Global Citizens.
- Macfarlane, A., Manning, R., Ataria, J., Macfarlane, S., Derby, M., Clarke, T. H. (2019). Wetekia kia rere: the potential for place-conscious education approaches to reassure the indigenization of science education in New Zealand settings
- Mack, K. R., Farrell, C., Allen, M., Arbogast, S. (2018). Sparking Eco-Awareness through Global Environmental Literacy with Urban Elementary Students
- MacNaughton, P., Cao, X., Buonocore, J., Cedeno-Laurent, J., Spengler, J., Bernstein, A., & Allen, J. (2017). Energy savings, emission reductions, and health co-benefits of the green building movement
- Magliocco, A. (2018). Vertical Greening Systems: Social and Aesthetic Aspects
- Maheepala, S. A. D. S. S., Ukwattage, M. I., Madugoda, P. M., Jayasinghe, G. Y. (2017). Green Building Rating Systems: Present Status, Challenges and Future Perspectives
- Maher, P., Quintanilla, C., Funnell, L. (2018). Green grants growing nurturing communities
- Mainali, B., Luukkanen, J., Silveira, S., Kaivo-oja, J. (2018). Evaluating Synergies and Trade-Offs among Sustainable Development Goals: Explorative Analyses of Development Paths in South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Mak, M. Y. (2017). Beyond Sustainability: Shift from Buildings Towards Human
- Maknun, J., M. S. Barliana, D. Cahyani, & R. Mardiana. (2016). The Level of Environmental Literacy toward Vocational High School Students in West Java Province.
- Mammadova, A. (2017). Education towards Urban Sustainability: Lessons Learned from the Welfare Business Models of Kanazawa City, Japan
- Manni, A., Sporre, K., & Ottander, C. (2016). Emotions and values – a case study of meaning-making in ESE. Environmental Education Research
- Manning, Christie (2009) The Psychology of Sustainable Behavior
- Mantatov, V. & Mantatova, L. (2018). Sustainable Development and Environmental Leadership: A Case Study of the Baikal Region
- Marcus, J. et al (2015) Embedding sustainability learning pathways across the university. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 16.
- Marino, Lori. (2009). Another Kind of Scientist Activism.
- Markowitz, E.M. & Shariff, A.F. (2012) Climate Change and moral judgement
- Marques, C. S., Trindade, N. R., Favarin, R. R. Telocken, S. G. & Trevisan, M. (2017). Institutional Management and Professors’ Perception in the Strengthening of Education for Sustainability
- Marques, C. S., Trindade, N. R., Favarin, R. R., Telocken, S. G., & Trevisan, M. (2017). Institutional Management and Professors’ Perception in the Strengthening of Education for Sustainability
- Martin, E., Perine, C., Lee, V., Ratcliffe, J. (2018). Decentralized Governance and Climate Change Adaptation: Working Locally to Address Community Resilience Prioirities
- Martins, A., Martins, I., Pereira, O. P., (2018). Learning-Performance Relationship: A New Holistic, Dynamic, and Strategic Organizational Approach
- Martusewicz, R. (2014) Letting Our Hearts Break: On Facing the “Hidden Wound” of Human Supremacy. Canadian Journal of Environmental Education
- Maulida, N. I., H. Firman, & L. Rusyati. (2017). Profile of Students’ Critical Thinking Skill Measured by Science Virtual Test on Living Things and Environmental Sustainability Theme.
- Maxey, Ian. (1999). Beyond Boundaries? Activism, Academia, Reflexivity and Research.
- Mayer, A. A. (2017). Sustaining Garden Stewardship: Environmental Education in Rural Youth Development Programs
- Mayer, A. A. (2017). Sustaining Garden Stewardship: Environmental Education in Rural Youth Development Programs
- Mbah, M. (2018). Can local knowledge make the difference? Rethinking university’s community engagement and prospect for sustainable development
- McCullough, M. B., Martin, M. D., Sajady, M. A. (ND). Implementing Green Walls in Schools
- McDonald, W. (2017). Sustainable Development and Public Administration: Challenges and Innovation in Citizen Engagement
- McGreavy, B. et al (2013). Addressing the Complexities of Boundary Work in Sustainability Science through Communication
- McGregor, C., Scandrett, E., Christie, B., Crowther, J. (2018). Climate justice education: From social movement learning to schooling
- McHenry, K. A. (N.D.). Fracking Women: A Feminist Critical Analysis of Hydraulic Fracturing in Pennsylvania
- McIntyre-Mills, J. (2017). Planetary Passport for Social and Environmental Justice to Address an Increasingly Vulnerable and Unequal World
- McKane et al. (2017). Predicting the quantifiable impacts of ISO 50001 on climate change mitigation.
- McKane, A., T. Daya, & G. Richards. (2017). Improving the Relevance and impact of International Standards for Global Climate Change Mitigation and Increased Energy Access.
- McNamara, E., Kermarc, M., Mandea. J., Bush, G. (2018). Tertiary Education Knowledge and Standards in Sustainable Development: A Crisis for the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Meadows et al (1972 – present) Limits to Growth, A Report for the Club of Rome
- Mehta, A., R. Dubey, & S. Kumar. (2017). Mycofiltration: A Step Towards Sustainable Environment.
- Mendoza, J. M. F., Gallego-Schmid, A., Azapagic, A. (2019). A methodological framework for implementation of circular economy thinking in higher education institutions: Towards sustainable campus management
- Meneghelli, A. (2018). Whole-building embodied carbon of a North American LEED-certified library: Sensitivity analysis of the environmental impact of buildings materials
- Mercer, N., G. Sabau, & A. Klinke. (2017). “Wind Energy is not an issue for government”: Barriers to wind energy development in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- Merrie, A., Keys, P., Metian, M., & Osterblom, H. (2017). Radical ocean futures-scenario development using science fiction prototyping
- Mesias, F. J., Escribano, M., Gaspar, P., Elghannam, A., & Eldesouky, A. (2017). Assessment of sustainability indicators in Dehesa systems by different stakeholders: application of a Delphi study
- Metzger, E. P. & R. R. Curren. (2017). Sustainability: Why the Language and Ethics of Sustainability Matter in the Geoscience Classroom.
- Metzger, E. P., D. E. Blockstein, & C. N. Callahan. (2017). Interdisciplinary Teaching and Sustainability: An Introduction.
- Middleton, R. S., R. Gupta, J. D. Hyman, & H. S. Viswanathan. (2017). The shale gas revolution: Barriers, sustainability, and emerging opportunities.
- Mika, J. (2017). Education in the Sustainability Development Goals
- Millard, L. (2018). Encouraging 10,000 Staff to Take Action on Sustainability: A Case Study of a Sustainability Engagement Programme in Higher Education
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment (2005) MEA
- Miller, C. A. & Wyborn, C. (2018). Co-production in global sustainability: Histories and theories
- Miller, David. (1992). Distributive Justice: What the people Think.
- Miller, E. (2019). The Importance of Education and Community Engagement Towards Sea Turtle Conservation
- Milosh, S. (2017). Introducing Sustainability in College Calculus.
- Minor, J. & Boyce, G. A. (2017). Smokey Bear and the pyropolitics of United States forest governance
- Mintz, K & Tal, T. (2016). The place of content and pedagogy in shaping sustainability learning outcomes in higher education. Environmental Education Research.
- Mire, R., Depraz, S., Collacott, B., Collins, A. (2018). Sustainable Development Goals Atlas
- Mishra, A., N. K. Agrawal, G. Thorup, S. Bisht, I. C. Leikanger, & N. Gupta. (2017). Strengthening women’s roles as risk and resource managers at the frontline of climate change.
- Misseyanni, A., Lytras, M. D., Papadopoulou, P., Marouli, C. (2018). Chapter 15 A New Vision for Higher Education: Lessons from Education for the Environment and Sustainability
- Mochizuki, Y. & Bryan, A. (2015), Climate Change Education in the Context of Education for Sustainable Development: Rationale and Principles, Journal of Education for Sustainable Development, 9 (1).
- Moe-Lobed, C.D. (2016). Climate Change as Climate Debt: Forging a Just Future. Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics.
- Moganakrishnann, J. A. S., Namasivayam, S. N., Ismail, N. (2018). Linking Liberatory Pedagogy to Engineering and Sustainable Development
- Mohai, Paul. (1985). Public Concern and Elite Involvement in Environmental Conservation Issues.
- Molderez, I. & E. Fonseca. (2017). The efficacy of real-world experiences and service learning for fostering competences for sustainable development in higher education.
- Molthan-Hill, P., Worsfold, N., Nagy, G. J., Filho, W. L. (2019). Climate change education for universities: A conceptual framework from an international study
- Monani, S. (2009). A Conversation with Julian Agyeman about Just Sustainability and its Overlap with Ecopedagogy. Green Theory & Praxis: The Journal of Ecopedagogy, 5(1), 51-68.
- Moneim, A. A. (2018). Towards Islamic Maqasidi Education Philosophy for Sustainable Development: Quranic Perspective with Special Attention to Indonesia
- Montiel, I., Antolin-Lopez, R., & Gallo, P. (2017). Emotions and Sustainability: A Literary Genre Based Framework for Environmental Sustainability Management Education
- Moon, C. J., Walmsley, A., Apostolopoulos, N. (2018). Governance implications of the UN Higher Education Sustainability Initiative
- Moore, M., O’Leary, P., Sinnott, D., O’Connor, J. R. (2018). Extending communities of practice: a partnership model for sustainable schools
- Moosmayer, D. C., Chen, Y., Davis, S. M. (2017). Deeds Not Words: A Cosmopolitan Perspective on the Influences of Corporate Sustainability and NGO Engagement on the Adoption of Sustainable Products in China
- Morgan, E. A. (2017). The Challenges and Opportunities for Higher Education Institutions at the Science-Policy Interface.
- Morgan, E. A., W. Hallgren, F. Helfer, O. Sahin, J. Nalau, E. Onyango, W. Hadwen, & B. Mackey. (2017). Implications of the Paris Climate Change Agreement for Adaptation Research and Universities.
- Morgan, E., L. Webb, N. Goddard, J. Webb, & K. Carter. (2017). Co-Designing Innovations for Energy Saving in Large Organisations.
- Moriarty, Kate. (2017). Achieving SDG4 through a Human Rights Based Approach to Education
- Morton, S., Pencheon, D. & Squires, N. (2017). Sustainable Development Goals, and their implementation: A national global framework for health, development and equity needs a systems approach at every level
- Mossman, A. P. (2018). Retrofitting the Ivory Tower: Engaging Global Sustainability Challenges Through Interdisciplinary Problem-Oriented Education, Research, and Partnerships in U.S. Higher Education
- Moura, A. & Aires, L. (2018). Food and Sustainability: An Emerging Subject in Sustainable Environmental Sciences Education Applying to the e-Learning Environment
- Mudaly, R. & R. Ismail (2016). Professional Development in Environmental and Sustainability Education.
- Mukherjee, P., Ahuja, K. (ND). A Comparative Assessment of Sustainable Economic Development among the G20 Countries
- Mulkey, S. (2017). Higher Education in the Environmental Century.
- Mundaca, L., Busch, H., Schwer, S. (2018). ‘Successful’ low-carbon energy transitions at the community level? An energy justice perspective
- Munzel, A., L. Meyer-Waarden, & J. Galan. (2017). The social side of sustainability: Well-being as a driver and an outcome of social relationships and interactions on social networking sites.
- Muoghalu, L. N. (2018). Philosophical Challenges in Environmental Management Education in Nigerian Universities
- Nadal, A., Pons, O., Cuerva, E., Rieradevall, J., Josa, A. (2018). Rooftop greenhouses in educational centers: A sustainability assessment of urban agriculture in compact cities
- Nadimi, R., Tokimatsu, K. & Yoshikawa, K. (2017). Sustainable energy policy options in the presence of quality of life, poverty, and CO2 emission
- Nagy, B. & Szabo, Z. (2019). Introduction to the Green Belt of Auroville: A Detailed Description on How its Actual Practices Contribute to the UN SDGs.
- National Wildlife Federation (2015) Game Changers
- Neaman, A., Otto, S., Vinokur, E. (2018). Toward an Integrated Approach to Environmental and Prosocial Education
- Neda, M. I., Maryam, G., Yousef, A. S. (2017). Social School, Social Sustainability
- Newman, J. (2018). Calling for a Next-Generation Sustainability Framework at MIT
- Nezhnikova, E., Papelniuk, O., Dudin, M. (2019). Developing Renewable and Alternative Energy Sources to Improve the Efficiency of Housing Construction and Management
- Nguyen, N. A., Nguyen, Q. P., & Krause, J. E. (2017). Food Insecurity: Rudimentary Education for Local Youth
- Ngwenya, B., Oosthuizen, J., Cross, M., & Frimpong, K. (2017). Emerging heat-related climate change influences; a public health challenge to health care practitioners and policy makers: Insight from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- Nicol, C. (2018). Connecting Mathematics, Community, Culture and Place: Promise, Possibilities, and Problems
- Nieto, J. E. R., Rigueiro, C., Simoes da Silva, L., Murtinho, V. (2018). Urban Integrated Sustainable Assessment Methodology for Existing Neighborhoods, a New Approach for Promoting Sustainable Development
- Nightingale, A. J. (2017). Struggles over Authority and Recognition in the Context of Political Instability.
- Njeru, K. M., Muketha, G. M., & Kamau, J. W. (2017). A Government Driven Approach to wards Green IT economies
- Nolet, Victor (2009) Preparing Sustainability-Literate Teachers
- Nolting, B., Mann, C. (2018). Governance strategy for sustainable land management and water reuse: Challenges for transdisciplinary research
- Nouwen, M. (2018). Towards Sustainable Media Practices in Families with Young Children
- Novo-Corti, I., Badea, L., Tirca, D. M., Aceleanu, M. I. (2018). A pilot study on education for sustainable development in the Romanian economic higher education
- Novo-Corti, I., Badea, L., Tirca, D. M., Aceleanu, M. I. (2018). A pilot study on education for sustainable development in the Romanian economic higher education
- Nowatschin, E., K. Landman, & E. Nelson. (2017). Nourishing Learning Environments: School Food Gardens and Sustainable Food Systems.
- Nowotny, J., J. Dodson, S. Fiechter, T. M. Gur, B. Kennedy, W. Macyk, T. Bak, W. Sigmund, M. Yamawaki, & K. A. Rahman. (2017). Towards global sustainability: Education on environmentally clean energy technologies.
- Nuttman, S. (2018). From Paddock to Campus: Exploring the potential role of health promotion in addressing food security from an environmental sustainability perspective
- Nyasimi, M., Aura, R., Cramer, L., & Thornton, P. (2017). Gender review of climate change legislative and policy frameworks and strategies in East Africa
- Nyden, P. & W. Wiewel. (1992). Harnessing the Tensions Between Researcher and Practitioner.
- Nyholm, L., S. Salmela, L. Nystrom, & C. Koskinen. (2017). Sustainability in care through an ethical practice model.
- O’Brien, C. & Howard, P. (2016), The Living School: The Emergence of a Transformative Sustainability Education Paradigm, Journal of Education for Sustainable Development, 10 (1).
- O’Brien, K. (2017). Climate Change Adaption and Social Transformation.
- Odeku, K. O. (2017). Effective implementation of Environmental Management Plan for sustainable mining
- Ofek, S., Akron, S., Portnov, B. A. (2018). Stimulating Green Construction by Influencing the Decision-making of Main Players
- Öhman, J. (2016). New ethical challenges within environmental and sustainability education. Environmental Education Research
- Ojeh VN, Ozabor, F. (2018). Awareness of Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation in Delta State, Nigeria
- Oju, O., & Otagburuagu, R.O. (2016). Improving Science and Technology Based Education for Sustainable Development in Developing Countries.
- Okafor-Yarwood, I., (2017). Illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing, and the complexities of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) for countries in the Gulf of Guinea
- Okewu, E., Misra, S., Maskeliunas, R., Damasevicius, R., Fernandez-Sanz, L. (2017). Optimizing Green Computing Awareness
- Olawumi, T. O. & Chan, D. W. M. (2018). A scientometric review of global research on sustainability and sustainable development
- Oliveira, R. V. (2018). Back to the Future: The Potential of Intergenerational Justice for the Achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Olsen, C., & Elliott, D. (2017). How Service Learning Inspired Student Leadership and Sustained Global Engagement
- Olsen, S. I., Fantke, P., Laurent, A., Birkved, M., Bey, N., Hauschild, M. Z. (2018). Sustainability and LCA in Engineering Education – A Course Curriculum
- Olsson, P., M. Moore, F. R. Westley, & D. P. McCarthy. (2017). The concept of the Anthropocene as a game-changer: a new context for social innovation and transformations to sustainability.
- Omwoma, S., Lalah, J. O., Kueppers, S., Wang, Y., Lenoir, D., & Schramm, K. W. (2017). Technological tools for sustainable development in developing countries: The example of Africa, a review
- Onuoha, I. J., Aliagha, G. U., Rahman, M. S. A. (2018). Modelling the effects of green building incentives and green building skills on supply factors affecting green commercial property investment
- Onyango, S. (2017). Accounting Education: The Role of Universities in Imparting Sustainability Accounting Knowledge to the Stakeholders through Industry Linkages
- Orenstein, D. E. & D. Shach-Pinsley. (2017). A comparative framework for assessing sustainability initiatives at the regional scale.
- Orr, David (1991) What is education for?
- Orr, David (2002) Four Challenges of Sustainability
- Orr, David. (1988). Two Meanings of Sustainability.
- Orth, P. B. & Burkardt, N. (nd). Environmental Policy and the Pursuit of Sustainability
- Osumanu, I. K., Aniah, P., & Yelfaanibe, A. (N.D.). Determinants of Adaptive Capacity to Climate Change among Smallholder Rural Households in the Bongo District, Ghana
- Otte, P. (2016), Integrating Sustainable Development in Higher Education through Experience-based Learning: Insights from Experts in Team (EiT) for Developing a Combined Theoretical Framework, Journal of Education for Sustainable Development, 10.
- Otto, D. (2017). Lived experience of climate change – a digital storytelling approach.
- Otto, S., & Pensini, P. (2017). Nature-based environmental education of children: Environmental knowledge and connectedness to nature, together, are related to ecological behaviour
- Ouariachi, T., Olvera-Lobo, M. D., & Gutierrez-Perez, J. (2019). Serious Games and Sustainability.
- Ouhbi, S., Idri, A., Fernandez-Aleman, J. L. (2018). Standards-Based Sustainability Requirements for Healthcare Services in Smart Cities
- Owens, K. A., (2017). Using experiential marine debris education to make an impact: Collecting debris, informing policy makers, and influencing students
- Paavola, J. & Adger, W.N. (2006) Fair adaptation to climate change
- Padmanabhan, M. (2017). Transdisciplinary Research and Sustainability
- Page, M. (2018). 21st Century Stewardship: the role of educational equity in school sustainability programs
- Page, M. (2018). 21st Century Stewardship: the role of educational equity in school sustainability programs
- Palacin-Silva, M. V., A. Seffah, & J. Porras. (2017). Infusing Sustainability into Software Engineering Education: Lessons Learned from Capstone Projects.
- Palacios, M. & Sosa, G. (nd). A Call to Action.
- Pallant, A. & H-S. Lee. (2017). Teaching Sustainability Through System Dynamics: Exploring Stocks and Flows Embedded in Dynamic Computer Models of an Agricultural Land Management System.
- Palsdottir, A. (N.D.). Issues in Developing a new University Course in Sustainability Within Teacher Education
- Pandey, U. & Kumar, C. (2018). Emerging Paradigms of Capacity Building in the Context of Climate Change
- Paris, T.M. and Kates, R.W. (2003). Characterizing and measuring sustainable development. Annual Review of Environment and Resources 28: 559-86.
- Park, S., Bowen, W., Lim, T., & Shim, J. (ND). Challenges in large-scale government-led sustainable development: the case of the Four Major Rivers Restoration Project
- Parmin, Savitri, E. N., Amalia, A. V., Pratama, M. R. (2018). Graduate performance of science education department in implementing conservation-based science teaching
- Parris, C., Hegtvedt, K., Watson, L., & Johnson, C. (2014). Justice for all? Factors affecting perceptions of environmental and ecological justice. Social Justice Research, 27, 67-98
- Parris, T. & Kates, R.W. (2003). Characterizing and measuring sustainable development
- Paul, A., J. W. B. Lang, & R. J. Baumgartner. (2017). A multilevel approach for assessing business strategies on climate change.
- Payne, P. (2016) The politics of environmental education. Critical inquiry and education for sustainable development. The Journal of Environmental Education, 47 (2)
- Payne, P. G. (2017). Early Years Education in the Anthropocene: An Ecophenomenology of Children’s Experience
- Pebriyanti, D. & Anwar, S. (2017). The Importance of Integrated Sciences Teaching Materials Based on the Potential Advantages of Lombok to Improve Students’ Understanding on the Environment
- Pelch, M. A. & D. A. McConnell. (2017). How Does Adding an Emphasis on Socioscientific Issues Influence Student Attitudes About Science, Its Relevance, and Their Interpretations of Sustainability?
- Pennycook, G., Barr, N. (nd) Why reason matters: Connecting research on human reason to the challenges of the Anthropocene
- Pentz, E. S. (2017). Skin Deep Green: Environmentalism in Contemporary America.
- Pereira, B., Rosa, J. A., Trujillo, C. A. (2018). Sustainable Consumption: Driven By Purpose, Redirected by Emotions, Compromised By Income
- Peric, M. S. & Radanovic, I. (2017). Urban Streams – accessible habitats for conducting ecological research within natural science and biology school classes
- Perkes, C. K. (2017). The Path to a Sustainable Built Environment: Meta-Analysis & Enthography of Planning, Design, and Development Processes
- Perrault, E. K. & S. K. Clark. (2017). Sustainability in the University Student’s Mind: Are University Endorsements, Financial Support, and Programs Making a Difference?
- Pesch, D., S. Rea, J. I. Torrens, V. Zavrel., J. L. M. Hensen, D. Grimes, B. O’Sullivan, T. Scherer, R. Birke, L. Chen, T. Engbersen, L. Lopez, E. Pages, D. Mehta, J. Townley, & V. Tsachouridis. (2017). ICT-Energy Concepts for Energy Efficiency and Sustainability.
- Peterson, R. B. (2017). Taking it to the city: urban-placed pedagogies in Detroit and Roxbury
- Petty, B. (2018). Global Impacts of LEED Certified Hotels
- Phillis, Y. A., V. S. Kouikoglou, & C. Verdugo. (2017). Urban Sustainability Assessment and Ranking of Cities.
- Phuong, L. T. H., Biesbroek, R. G., Wals, A. E. J. (2018). Barriers and enablers to climate change adaptation in hierarchical governance systems: the case of Vietnam
- Ploum, L., Blok, V., Lans, T., & Omto, O. (2017). Exploring the relation between individual moral antecedents and entrepreneurial opportunity recognition for sustainable development
- Pocock, J. (2017). Utilizing Civil Engineering Senior Design Capstone Projects to Evaluate Students’ Sustainability Education across Engineering Curriculum
- Porter, M. & Kramer M. (2007) Strategy & Society: The Link Between Competitive Advantage and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Post Carbon Reader
- Power, K. (2017). Nature or Culture? The Anthropocene as Social Narrative.
- PRME: Developing the responsible leaders of tomorrow.
- PSU Environment and Natural Resources Institute (2009, 2013) Pennsylvania Climate Impact Assessment & Update
- Qdaus, H. A., Saadeh, O., Al-Widyan, M., Al-tal, R., & Alu-Dalo, M. (2019). Environmental sustainability features in large university campuses: Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST) as a model of green university
- Qian, F., Yang, L. (2018). The Green Building Environment of the Gymnasium
- Radakovic, N., Weiland, T., Bazzul, J. (2017). Transdisciplinarity, Critical Mathematics Education, Eco-justice, and the Politics to Come
- Rajapaksa, D., Islam, M., Managi, S. (2018). Pro-Environmental Behavior: The Role of Public Perception in Infrastructure and the Social Factors for Sustainable Development
- Rakha, T., Moss, T. W., Shin, D. (2018). A decade analysis of residential LEED buildings market share in the United States: Trends for transitioning to sustainable societies
- Rawhouser, H., M. E. Cummings, & A. Marcus. (2017). Sustainability Standards and Stakeholder Engagement: Lessons from Carbon Markets.
- Raworth, K. (2012). A safe and just space for humanity. Can we live within the doughnut? Oxfam Discussion Papers.
- Read, A. (2017). Integration of Daylighting into Educational (School) Building Design for Energy Efficiency, Health Benefit, and Mercury Emissions Reduction Using Heliodon for Physical Modeling
- Reese, R. F., Seitz, C. M., Gosling, M. & Craig, H. (2019). Using photovoice to foster a student vision for natural spaces on a college campus in the Pacific Northwest United States
- Refai, D., Higgins, D., & Fayolle, A. (2017). Promoting Values through Sustainable Entrepreneurial Education – An Axiological perspective
- Reinke, A. D. (2017). Sustainability and Social Responsibility in Small Food Enterprises: Barriers and Enablers.
- Rentizelas, A., Jabbour, A. B. L., Balushi, A. D. A., Tuni, A. (2018). Social sustainability in the oil and gas industry: institutional pressure and the management of sustainable supply chains
- Richardson, J., J. Grose, M. Bradbury, & J. Kelsey. (2017). Developing awareness of sustainability in nursing and midwifery using a scenario-based approach: Evidence from a pre and post educational intervention study.
- Richardson, M. (2019). Beyond Restoration: Considering Emotion Regulation in Natural Well-Being
- Riechers, M., Barkmann, J., Tscharntke, T. (2018). Diverging perceptions by social groups on cultural ecosystem services provided by urban green
- Rios, M. M. M., Herremans, I. N., Wallace, J. E., Althouse, N., Lansdale, D., Preusser, M. (2000). Strengthening sustainability leadership competencies through university internships
- Riyadi, I. P., Prayitno, B. A., Karyanto, P. (2018). The Linkage between Ecological Knowledge and Behaviour Intention in Green Campus Students
- Robin, L. (2017). Environmental humanities and climate change: understanding humans geologically and other life forms ethically
- Robinson, L. (2017). Creating Sustainability Through Indigenous Food Security – An Online Educational Approach
- Rodegher, S. L. & S. Freeman. (2017). University-Museum Partnerships: Reflections on Programmatic Best Practices for Sustainability Collaborations.
- Rojas-Fernandez, L. Aguilar-Santelises, Cruz Millán, M. Aguilar-Santelises, & García-del Valle. (2016). Teaching Chemistry with Sustainability.
- Roldan, M., Menezes, G., Cunha, J. (2018). Innovations in Climate Change and Sustainable Management in Higher Education. Training and Evaluation
- Rosen, M. A. (2017). Sustainable Development: A Vital Quest.
- Roure, B. (2000). Systematic curriculum integration of sustainable development using life cycle approaches: The case of the Civil Engineering Department at the Universite de Sherbrooke
- Rowland, Millner, Hill, Towne & Wohlpart (2009) Approaches and Practices for Infusing Sustainability into a Writing Programme
- Rozenberg, J. (2017). Climate Change through a Poverty Lens.
- Rudd, M. A. (2017). What a Decade (2006-15) of Journal Abstracts Can Tell Us about Trends in Ocean and Coastal Sustainability Challenges and Solutions.
- Sabirova, L., & Gromov, E. (2016). Environmental culture as a system of values: essence and main properties.
- Sachs, J. (2015) The Age of Sustainable Development. Project Syndicate
- Sachs, J. D. & G. Schmidt-Traub. (2017). Global Fund Lessons for Sustainable Development Goals.
- Safari, A., Das, N., Jafari, S., Langhelle, O., Roy, J. & Assadi, M. (2018). Role of Gas-Fuelled Solutions in Support of Future Sustainable Energy World; Part II: Case Studies
- Safari, A., Jafari, S., Assadi, M. (2018). Role of Gas-Fuelled Solutions in Support of Future Sustainable Energy World; Part I: Stimuluses, Enablers, and Barriers
- Sakr, N. A. M. (2014). Influence of Coatings on Energy Conservation in Construction Industry
- Sala, M. & Casazza, C. (2018). Ecovillages and friendly city, a new alliance for a better green future
- Salvioni, D. M., S. Franzoni, & R. Cassano. (2017). Sustainability in the Higher Education System: An Opportunity to Improve Quality and Image.
- San Carlos, R. O., Y. Yoshida, & S. Kudo. (2017). Fostering the Next Generation of Sustainability Professionals–Assessing Field Courses in a Sustainability Science Graduate Program.
- Sanches-Llorens, S., Agullo-Torres, A., Del Campo-Gromis, F. J., Martinez-Poveda, A. (2019). Environmental Consciousness Differences Between Primary and Secondary School Students
- Sandhaus, S., Ramirez-Andreotta, M., Kilungo, A., Wolf, A., Sandoval, F., Henriquez, P. (2018). Combating Climate Injustices: An Informal Science and Popular Education Approach to Addressing Environmental Health Disparities
- Sandri, O. J., Holdsworth, S., & Thomas, I. (2017). Assessing graduate sustainability capability post-degree completion: Why is it important and what are the challenges?
- Sanganyado, E. & Nkomo, S. (2018) Incorporating Sustainability into Engineering and Chemical Education Using E-Learning. Education Sciences 8 (2).
- Sanganyado, E. (2018). Incorporating Sustainability into Engineering Education Using e-Learning
- Sansaniwal, S. K., M. A. Rosen, & S. K. Tyagi. (2017). Global challenges in the sustainable development of biomass gasification: An overview.
- Santoso, B., Suciningtyas, S. A., & Wijayanti, P. (2017). Toward Green, Clean, and Sustainable Environment
- Sari, V. & S. Camponogara. (2017). Discussing the Consequences of Environmental Education Actions in a Context of Reflective Modernity.
- Sassen, R., Azizi, L. (2018). Assessing sustainability reports of US universities
- Satta, A., M. Puddu, S. Venturini, & C. Giupponi. (2017). Assessment of coastal risks to climate change related impacts at the regional scale: The case of the Mediterranean region.
- Sattler, D. N., Whippy, A., Graham, J. M. & Johnson, J. (2017). A Psychological Model of Climate Change Adaptation: Influence of Resource Loss, Posttraumatic Growth, Norms, and Risk Perception Following Cyclone Winston in Fiji
- Sawitri, D. R. (2017). Education for Sustainable Development: How Early is Too Early?
- Schaltegger, S., I. A. Etxeberria, & E. Ortas. (2017). Innovating Corporate Accounting and Reporting for Sustainability–Attributes and Challenges.
- Schapke, N., I. Omann, J. M. Wittmayer, F. van Steenbergen, & M. Mock. (2017). Linking Transitions to Sustainability: A Study of the Societal Effects of Transition Management.
- Schlosberg, D. (2013). Reconceiving Environmental Justice: Global Movements And Political Theories. Environmental Politics.
- Schmitz, G. L. & Rocha, J. B. T. (2018). Environmental Education Program as a Tool to Improve Children’s Environmental Attitudes and Knowledge
- Schonmayr, D. (2017). Automotive Plastics and Sustainability.
- Schonmayr, D. (2017). The Recycling Renaissance: Solutions and Practical Tools to Advance Automotive Recycling.
- Schroder, A. (2018). Aesthetic strategies to explore beyond the models of sustainable development: An analysis of Lisa Simpson’s “Musical Sewing”
- Schroter, M., Kraemer, R., Mantel, M., Kabisch, N., Hecker, S., Richter, A., Neumeier, V., Bonn, A. (2017). Citizen science for assessing ecosystem services: Status, challenges and opportunities
- Schroth, S. T. (2018). Saving the Planet, Stretching Their Skills: Using Environmental Science Investigations to Challenge Gifted Children
- Schweitzer, J. P. & Gionfra, S. (2017). Nature-Based Education for Resilient Cities
- Schwer, S. (2017). Only for the rich? Low-carbon energy transition in the Vauban
- Scott, Lehmann. (2014). The Ethics of Privatization.
- Selby, David. (2017). Education for Sustainable Development, Nature and Vernacular Learning.
- Semenza, J. (2017). Climate change and other key drivers of mosquito-borne disease emergence: Jan Semenza
- Semeraro, T., Pomes, A., Del Giudice, C., Negro, D., Aretano, R. (2018). Planning ground based utility scale solar energy as green infrastructure to enhance ecosystem services
- Sen, A. (2013). The Ends and Means of Sustainability
- Serrao-Neumann, S. & Coudrain, A. (2018). Science and Knowledge Production for Climate Change Adaption: Challenges and Opportunities
- Sertyesilisik, B., Giritli, H., Tezel, E., Sertyesilisik, E. (nd). An Investigation into University Students’ Perceptions of Sustainability
- Severo, E. A., Ferro de Guimaraes, J. C., Brito, L. M. P. & Dellarmelin, M. L. (2018). Environmental Sustainability and Sustainable Consumption: The Perception of Baby Boomers, Generation X and Y in Brazil
- Sevigny, C., Searcy, K., Maxwell, S., Mason, K., Henrich, M., Diaz, I. (ND). Water and Us: Education as the First Line of Defense
- Shan, M. & Hwang, B. (2018). Green building rating systems: Global reviews of practices and research efforts
- Shanthi, R. (2018). Inclusive growth and sustainable development of person with disabilities
- Sharma, A. & Buxton, C. (2018). Evolving Views on the Nature of Nature
- Sharma, A., Buxton, C. (2018). A Sustainability Science-Based Framework for Science Eduation
- Sharma, A., Buxton, C. (2018). A Sustainability Science-Based Framework for Science Education
- Sharma, M. (2018). Development of a ‘Green building sustainability model’ for Green buildings in India
- Sharma, R. R. (2017). A Competency Model for Management Education for Sustainability.
- Shaw, W. (2016) Environmental crisis, narcissism and the work of grief. Cultural Geographies
- Shealy, T., Johnson, E., Weber, E., Klotz, L., Applegate, S., Ismael, D., Bell, R. G. (2018). Providing descriptive norms during engineering design can encourage more sustainable infrastructure
- Sheehan, K. & Morrison, D. (2018). Advertising Leadership and Climate Change: The Efficacy of Industry Professionals to Address Climate Issues
- Shephard, K. (2018). Researching Higher Education for Sustainable Development: Plan A, Plan B and Moving Beyond Thought-Limiting Cliches
- Shiva, Vandana (1988) Women in Nature
- Shrivastava, P., G. Schumacher, D. M. Wasieleski, & M. Tasic. (2017). Aesthetic Rationality in Organizations: Toward Developing a Sensitivity for Sustainability.
- Sienra, E., T. Smith, & C. Mitchell. (2017). Worldviews, A Mental Construct Hiding the Potential of Human Behaviour: A New Learning Framework to Guide Education for Sustainable Development.
- Simon, I. (2019). The Negative Impact of Social Media on Environmental Preservation, Activities of Tourism Marketing
- Sinakou, E., Pauw, J. B., Goossens, M., Petegem, P. V. (2018). Academics in the field of Education for Sustainable Development: Their conceptions of sustainable development
- Singer, S. R., & Macdonald, A. (2017). Contextualising Learning: Changing and Making Place
- Singer, S. R., Macdonald, A. (N.D.) Four Phases in Sustainability Education: A Design Framework for Learning, Research, and Planning
- Singer-Brodowski, M., Wanner, M., & Schneidewind, U. (N.D.) Real-world laboratories as an institutionalisation of the new social contract between science and society
- Singh, G. G., A. M. Cisneros-Montemayor, W. Swartz, W. Cheung, J. A. Guy, T. Kenny, C. J. McOwen, & R. Asch. (2017). A Rapid Assessment of Co-benefits and Trade-offs Among Sustainable Development Goals.
- Singla, A., Sethi, A. P. S., Ahuja, I. S. (2018). A study of transitions between technology push and demand pull strategies for accomplishing sustainable development in manufacturing industries
- Siraj, S., Ismail, A. S. (2018). The Role of the Architect as an Educator in Design Education Towards the Development of a Sustainable Society: A Case Study of Hajeedar
- Siwapimon, K. & Sriburi, T. (2017). Development of the Strategic Framework for Sustainable Development of the Special Economic Zones in ASEAN Economic Community: A Case Study of Savannakhet – Mukdahan
- Siwapimon, K. & Sriburi, T. (2017). Development of the Strategic Framework for Sustainable Development of the Special Economic Zones in ASEAN Economic Community: A Case Study of Savannakhet – Mukdahan
- Slaper, T. F., & Hall, T. J. (2012). The triple bottom line: What is it and how does it work? Indiana Business Review, 86(1).
- Solow, R. (1991) Sustainability: An economist’s perspective
- Song, M., Cao, S., Wang, S. (2018). The impact of knowledge trade on sustainable development and environment-biased technical progress
- Soraa, R. A. & Fyhn, H. (2017). An introduction to Crafting Sustainability – exploring the interconnections between sustainability and craft
- Spillare, S. (2016). Sustainable Development and Agency of the Citizen-Consumer: Between Systemic Reflexivity and Common Good.
- Squire, J. (2017). Mitigating the Korle Lagoon Ecological Pollution Problem in Accura, Ghana, Through a Framework for Urban Management of the Environment
- Sroufe, R. (2017). Integration and organization change toward sustainability.
- Stanisavljevic, M. (2017). Does Customer Loyalty Depend on Corporate Social Responsibility?
- Stapp, W. (1969). The Concept of Environmental Education. The Journal of Environmental Education
- Steffen et al (2011). The Anthropocene: From Global Change to Planetary Stewardship
- Steffen et al (2015). The trajectory of the Anthropocene: The Great Acceleration. The Anthropocene Review 2015, Vol. 2(1) 81–98
- Stevenson, R. B., J. Nicholls, & H. Whitehouse. (2017). What is Climate Change Education?
- Stevenson, R. B., Wals, A. E. J., Heimlich, J. E., Field, E. (2017). Critical environmental education
- Stock, T., Kohl, H. (2018). Perspectives for International Engineering Education:: Sustainable-oriented and Transnational Teaching and Learning
- Stohr, C., Claesson, A. N., Janssen, M., & Adawi, T. (2017). Teacher development in Massive Open Online Courses – Evaluating reflective practice in a sustainability MOOC
- Stokes, D. M. (2017). Indigenous Communities Sustainable Development Framework for Lng Developments in Northwest B.C.
- Strielkowski, W., Chigisheva, O. (2018). Conclusions: Is Leadership for the Sustainable Development of Business and Education a Paradox or a Necessity?
- Stubbs, E. A., Zimmerman, A. R., Warner, L. A. & Myers, B. E. (2017). Reflecting on a multidisciplinary collaboration to design a general education climate change course
- Suhaili, W. F., Shahrill, M. (2018). Examing the prospective of implementing passive house standards in providing sustainable schools
- Sullivan, K., Thomas, S., & Rosano, M. (2017). Using industrial ecology and strategic management concepts to pursue the Sustainable Development Goals
- Surabaya, S. H. T. (2018). Study of Clean and Healthy Life Behavior of Elementary School Students at Schools Applying Adiwiyata Program at State Elementary School in Prigen Pasuruan
- Sustainability Science and Full Cost Analysis Learning, Furman University
- Sustainable Development Goals 2015
- Svitacova, E. & Moravcikova, D. (2017). Environmental Responsibility of Young People in the Context of Globalizing Culture and Economy
- Swim, J. K., Bloodhart, B. (2018). The intergroup foundations of climate change justice
- T. S. Asfaw, V. Botes, & L. G. Mengesha. (2017). The Role of NGOs in Corporate environmental responsibility practice: evidence from ethiopia.
- Talavera, M., Pangan, M., Colladilla, J., Sarol, J., Agdeppa, I., Lorenzo, F. (2018). Climate change and nutritional status of preschool children
- Tamura, M., Onuki, M., Sekiyama, M., Hara, K., Uwasu, M., Tsuji, N., Ishimura, G., Tanaka, N., Mori, A., & Mino, T. (2017). Developing joint educational programs in sustainability science across different universities: a case study from Japan
- Tan, H. (2017). An Optimization Research on the Economic Management Model of Enterprise Sustainable Development
- Tang, K. H. D. (2018). Correlation between sustainability education and engineering students’ attitudes towards sustainability
- Tang, Z. (2017). An integrated life cycle-based viable procurement system to enhance the success level of sustainable building
- Teaching Psychology for Sustainability
- Temitope, A. J. (2017). Designing High Rise Housing for Lagos, Nigeria with Focus on Sustainable Building Services
- Temper, L., Walter, M., Rodriguez, I., Kothari, A., Turhan, E. (2018). A perspective on radical transformations to sustainability: resistances, movements and alternatives
- Teng, C. & Huang, T. (2018). Drivers of consumers’ behavioral intention toward green hotels
- Text of the Paris Agreement
- Thakur, S. B. (2017). Climate change related policy environment in agriculture and food security in Nepal
- The Boom: A Guide
- Therres, G. D., Davis, C. A., & Swarth, C. W. (2015). Grid-Based Amphibian and Reptile Atlas Using Active Searching: A Pilot Project
- Thomas, D. & Twyma, C. (2006) Equity and justice in climate change adaptation amongst natural-resource-dependent societies
- Thoring, K., Desmet, P., Badke-Schaub, P. (2018). Creative environments for design education and practice: A typology of creative spaces
- Tian, Q. (2017). Complex Adaptive Systems and a Sustainability Framework.
- Tiepo, C., Brandli, L. L., Kalil, R. M. & Rocha, V. T. (2017). Education for Sustainability as a Tool to Promote Sustainable Development: An Experience in the South of Brazil
- Tiessen, M. (2017). Our Anthropocene: Geologies, Biologies, Economies, and New Pursuits of Profit and Power.
- Tippins, D. J., Jeong, S., Bilbao, P. P., & Morano, L. N. (2017). Photovoice as a Tool for Understanding Sustainability in the Anthropocene
- Tippins, D. J., Jeong, S., Bilbao, P. P., & Morano, L. N. (2017). Photovoice as a Tool for Understanding Sustainability in the Anthropocene
- Tobin, D., R. Radhakrishna, A. Chatrchyan, & S. B. Allred. (2017). Addressing climate change impacts on agriculture and natural resources: barriers and priorities for land-grant universities in the Northeastern U.S.
- Trencher, G., Vincent, S., Bahr, K., Kudo, S., Markham, K. & Yamanaka, Y. (2018). Evaluating core competencies development in sustainability and environmental master’s programs: An empirical analysis
- Trivett, J.R., Pinderhughes, R., Bush, K., Caughman, L., and Carri, J.L. (2017). Sustainability Education in Prisons: Transforming Lives, Transforming the World
- Trowsdale, S., C. Golder, K. Fisher & G. Brierley. (2017). Water demand management and the quest for sustainability.
- Trujillo, C., A., Estrada-Mejia, C. (2017). Choice Architecture, Norm and Sustainable Consumption
- Tschakert, P., J. Barnett, N. Ellis, C. Lawrence, N. Tuana, M. New, C. Elrick-Barr, R. Pandit, & D. Pannell. (2017). Climate change and loss, as if people mattered: values, places, and experiences.
- Tucker, R. & P. Izadpanahi. (2017). Live green, think green: Sustainable school architecture and children’s environmental attitudes and behaviors.
- Tuddenham, P. (2017). Observations on Systems Literacy at the International Society for Systems Sciences 2016 Conference
- Tumini, I., C. A. Sickinger, & S. B. Rada. (2017). Model to integrate resilience and sustainability into urban planning.
- Turner, S. (2018). Primary Level Engagement in Sustainability
- Twist, M. L. C., Leon, D., Korbar, A. J., Yuen, S. (2019). Incorporating an Eco-Informed Orientation into Family Therapy Education
- Tymoshyk, N. & Semchyshyn, Y. (2017). Aspects of the Sustainable Development Indicators System Formation
- U.N. Declarations: Stockholm Declaration, Our Common Future, Rio Declaration, & Rio +20
- Ugbaja, S. C. & Bakoglu, R. (2017). Management Practices Towards the Embeddedness of Sustainability in European Universities
- Umai, A. M., & Jayanthi S. (2017). Bernard Malamud’s God’s Grace- A Study in Eco Literature
- Uman, R. T. (2017). In-Service Training Needs of Colleges of Education Business Teachers for job Performance and Sustainable Development in North-West Geo-Political Zone, Nigeria
- UN Environmental Programme, (2017). Green Industrial Policy: Concepts, Policies, Country Experiences
- Ungar, M. (2017). Introduction: The Evolution of Environmental Enforcement
- Urgo, M. (2017). A guideline for planning and implementing an action-based and transnational course in higher engineering education: A Case for Sustainable Value Creation
- Usman, A. S. (2017). SD 38 – Sense of Community and Social Sustainability: The Role of Public Open Spaces
- Valenti, W. C., Kimpara, J. M., Preto, B. L. Moraes-Valenti, P. (2018). Indicators of sustainability to assess aquaculture systems
- Valipour, A. & Young-Ho Ahn. (2017). A Review and Perspective of Constructed Wetlands as a Green Technology in Decentralization Practices.
- Van der Werff, E., Steg, L., & Keizer, K. (2013). I am what I am, by looking past the present: The influence of biospheric values and past behavior on environmental self-identity. Environment and Behavior, 46(5). 626-657.
- Van Poeck, K., J. Læssøe, & T. Block. (2017). An exploration of sustainability change agents as facilitators of conformal learning: mapping a moving and intertwined landscape.
- VanNyhuis, L. (2017). Can Creating an Activity Guide on Soil Health Improve Environmental Awareness and Foster Agricultural Sustainability?
- Vargas-Hernandez, J. G., Pallagst, K., Zdunek-Wielgolaska, J. (2018). Urban Green Spaces as a Component of an Ecosystem
- Verma, V. K., & Chandra, B. (2017). An Application of Theory of Planned Behavior to Predict Young Indian Consumers’ Green Hotel Visit Intention
- Vidra, R. L., Gallagher, D. R., Wilson, V. (2019). Acknowledging the challenges of pedagogical innovation: the case of integrating research, teaching, and the practice of environmental leadership
- Villeneuve, C., Tremblay, D., Riffon, O., Lanmafankpotin, G. Y., & Bouchard, S. (2017). A Systemic Tool and Process for Sustainability Assessment
- Wagner, D. A. (2017). Technology for Education in Low-Income Countries: Supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Walker, R., R. M. Clary, & C. Wissehr. (2017). Embedding Sustainability Instruction Across Content Areas: Best Classroom Practices From Informal Environmental Education.
- Wals, A. E. J. & Benavot, A. (2017). Can we meet the sustainability challenges? The role of education and lifelong learning
- Walsh, E. O. & E. C. Davis. (2017). The Geology and Sociology of Consumption: Team Teaching Sustainability in an Interdisciplinary First-Year Seminar.
- Walter, P. & Earl, A. (2017). Public Pedagogies of Arts-Based Environmental Learning and Education for Adults.
- Wang, D. D. (2018). Unravelling the Effects of the Environmental Technology Portfolio on Corporate Sustainable Development
- Wang, G., He, Q., Meng, X., Locatelli, G., Yu, T., & Yan, X. (2017). Exploring the impact of megaproject environmental responsibility on organizational citizenship behaviors for the environment: A social identity perspective.
- Wang, J., Geng, L., Schultz, P. W., & Zhou, K. (2017). Mindfulness Increases the Belief in Climate Change: The Mediating Role of Connectedness With Nature
- Ward, K. S. (2017). The arts and sustainability: Econnection in early childhood
- Warner, B. P. & Elser, M. (2015). How do Sustainable Schools Integrate Sustainability Education? An Assessment of Certified Sustainable K-12 Schools in the United States
- Warner, M. & P. Jones. (1998). Assessing the Need to Manage Conflict in Community-Based Natural Resource Projects.
- Warren, Archambault and Foley (2014) Sustainability Education Framework for Teachers
- Washington, H., B. Taylor, H. Kopnina, P. Cryer, & J.J. Piccolo. (2017). Why Ecocentrism is the key pathway to sustainability.
- Weiser, A., L. M. Lutz, D. J. Lang, & K. Kummerer. (2017). Acknowledging Temporal Diversity in Sustainability Transformations at the Nexus of Interconnected Systems.
- Weissman, N. B. (2012). Sustainability & liberal education: Partners by nature. Liberal Education, 98(4), 6-13.
- Wen, Y. & Wu, J. (2017). A Study on Singapore Chinese Language Teachers’ Professional Proficiency and Training Needs for Sustainable Development
- Westphal, M. F., Franceschini, M. C., & Setti, A. F. F. (2017). How Can the Healthy Municipalities, Cities and Communities Strategy Advance the Sustainable Development Goals Agenda? Lessons from Agenda 21 and the MDGs in Brazil
- White, M.A. (2013) Sustainability: I know it when I see it.
- White, T., A. Wymore, A. Dere, A. Hoffman, J. Washburne, & M. Conklin. (2017). Integrated Interdisciplinary Science of the Critical Zone as a Foundational Curriculum for Addressing Issues of Environmental Sustainability.
- Whiting, K., L. G. Carmona, & T. Sousa. (2017). A review of the use of exergy to evaluate the sustainability of fossil fuels and non-fuel mineral depletion.
- Whitmarsh, L., & O’Neill, S. (2010). Green identity, green living? The role of pro-environmental self-identity in determining consistency across diverse pro-environmental behaviours. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 30(1), 305-314.
- Wiek et al (2011) Key competencies in sustainability: a reference framework for academic program development
- Wiek, A. & Kay, B. (2015). Learning while transforming: solution-oriented learning for urban sustainability in Phoenix, Arizona. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 16
- Wijethilake, C. (2017). Proactive sustainability strategy and corporate sustainability performance: The mediating effect of sustainability control systems.
- Wilderer, P. A., Renn, O., Grambow, M., Molls, M., Mainzer, K. (2018). Sustainable Risk Management
- Williams, Burns, & Kelley (2014) A Framework for Leadership for Sustainability Education at Portland State University
- Williams, R. (2017). Framing the Anthropocene
- Windsor, D. (2017). Multi-Level Social Institutions in Conflict over Sustainable Development.
- Winter, J. & Cotton, D. (2012). Making the hidden curriculum visible: sustainability literacy in higher education. Environmental Education Research.
- Worldview: The “Anything’s Possible” Paradox
- Wu, J., Guo, S., Huang, H., Liu, W., Xiang, Y. (2018). Information and Communications Technologies for Sustainable Development Goals: State-of-the-Art, Needs and Perspectives
- Wu, J., Zuidema, C., Gugerell, K. (2018). Experimenting with decentralized energy governance in China: The case of New Energy Demonstration City program
- Wu, Z., Cho, J. H. (2018). Research and Practice on New Technology for Architectural Green Environment in Cities
- Wu, Zuqiang. (2010). Green Schools in China.
- Wulf, C., Werker, J., Zapp, P., Schreiber, A., Schlor, H., Kuckshinrichs, W. (2018). Sustainable Development Goals as a Guideline for Indicator Selection in Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment
- Yaldiz, E., Aydin, D., Siramkaya, S. B. (2017). Sustainability Concept in Architecture via Traditional Dwelling Fabric
- Yang, N., & XI, W. (2017). A Comparative Analysis of Environmental Awareness of Middle School Students in Green Schools and Non-Green Schools in Lushui City
- Yates, J. (2012). Abundance on Trial: The Cultural Significance of “Sustainability”
- Yhaya, M. F., Tajarudin, H. A., Ahmad, M. I. (2018). Renewable and Sustainable Materials for Various Green Technology Applications
- Yi, H., R. C. Feiock, & F. S. Berry. (2017). Overcoming collective action barriers to energy sustainability: A longitudinal study of climate protection accord adoption by local governments.
- Yi, S. & Xiao-li, A. (2018). Application of threshold regression analysis to study the impact of regional technological innovation level on sustainable development
- YongHong, H., ShuTing, Y., Jun, Y., & XiaoYa, C. (2017). Botanical gardens support urban sustainable development: a case study from the Shanghai Chenshan Botanical Garden
- Yu, T. Y. & Yu, T. K. (2017). The Moderating Effects of Students’ Personality Traits on Pro-Environmental Behavioral Intentions in Response to Climate Change
- Yuniastuti, E. & Hasibuan, H. S. (2019). Child-friendly green open space to enhance the education process for children
- Zainordin, N. & Ismail, S. (2017). SD 18 – Sustainability Assessment for Higher Education Institutions: A Literature Study
- Zakharova, E. Y., Shkurikhin, A. O., & Oslina T. S. (2017). Morphological variation of Melanargia russiae (Esper, 1783) (Lepidoptera, Satyridae) from the main part of the range and in case of its expansion to the north under climate change conditions
- Zaman, K. & M. A. Moemen. (2017). Energy consumption, carbon dioxide emissions and economic development: Evaluating alternative and plausible environmental hypothesis for sustainable growth.
- Zangori, L., A. Peel, A. Kinslow, P. Friedrichsen, & T. D. Sadler. (2017). Student development of model-based reasoning about carbon cycling and climate change in a socio-scientific issues unit.
- Zarifeh, F., Assi, A., Rammal, R., & Assi, I. (2017). A set of experiments on renewable energy for elementary schools in Lebanon
- Zarshenas, L, R. S. Sarvestani, Z. Molazem, & M. Moattari. (2017). Globalization in Nursing: A Concept Analysis.
- Zhang, F., Kung, H., Johnson, V. C., LaGrone, B. I., & Wang, J. (2017). Change Detection of Land Surface Temperature and some Related Parameters Using Landsat Image: a Case Study of the Ebinur Lake Watershed, Xinjiang, China
- Zhang, M., Yang, L., Deng, P. (2018). Sustainable Development Mode of Express Packaging Based on Green Concept
- Zhang, X., Fevre, M., Jones, G. O., Waymouth, R. M. (2017) Catalysis as an Enabling Science for Sustainable Polymers
- Zhao, D., Miotto, A. B., Syal, M., Chen, J. (2019). Benchmarking green building movement: A case of Brazil
- Zimm, C., Sperling, F., Busch, S. (2018). Identifying Sustainability and Knowledge Gaps in Socio-Economic Pathways Vis-a-Vis the Sustainable Development Goals
- Zueva, O. & Gorovoy, A. (2017). Energy and Resource Saving in Urban Development and the Problem of Sustainable Development of Territories
- Zulkiffli, A., & Latiffi, A. (2016). Theoretical Review on Sustainable Leadership (SL).
- Zwickle, A. & Jones, K. (2017). Sustainability Knowledge and Attitudes – Assessing Latent Constructs
- Zwickle, A., Koontz, T.M., Slagle, K.M., & Bruskotter, J.T. (2014). Assessing sustainability knowledge of a student population: Developing a tool to measure knowledge in the environmental, economic and social domains .International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education
Consilience “is run by a dedicated team of undergraduate students and is based out of Columbia University in New York City. By providing a public platform for discussion, we hope to encourage a global community to think more broadly, thoroughly and analytically about sustainable development. This publication aims to bring students, researchers, professors, and practitioners from a variety of disciplines and geographical regions in direct conversation with each other through an online, academically rigorous medium” that pushes the conversation.
Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability“aims to track the emergence of a new innovative sustainability science discipline by integrating across regional and global systems with their typical dimensions, human-environment interactions and management challenges. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability thus emphasises the actual interdisciplinary sustainability research approaches, the solutions it provides and their dissemination and application.”
Energy, Sustainability, and Science “provide[s] an international and interdisciplinary forum for the discourse between natural scientists, engineers, social & political scientists as well as experts from industry who drive the innovation of sustainable energy systems. It is the particular aim of this journal to publish articles extending across different disciplines and providing a substantial contribution to the holistic innovation of these energy systems.”
Engineering Sustainability provides a forum for sharing the latest thinking from research and practice, and increasingly is presenting the ‘how to’ of engineering a resilient future. The journal features refereed papers and shorter articles relating to the pursuit and implementation of sustainability principles through engineering planning, design and application. The tensions between and integration of social, economic and environmental considerations within such schemes are of particular relevance. Methodologies for assessing sustainability, policy issues, education and corporate responsibility will also be included.
International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability “is a cross-disciplinary, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to advancing the understanding of sustainability in agricultural and food systems. IJAS publishes both theoretical developments and critical appraisals of new evidence on what is not sustainable about current or past agricultural and food systems, as well as on transitions towards agricultural and rural sustainability at farm, community, regional, national and international levels, and through food supply chains.”
The International Journal of Environment and Sustainability “is an interdisciplinary journal directed towards academics, practitioners and policy makers within and across nations.” The IJES publishes on a wide range of topics that includes sustainability indicators, energy, globalization, hazardous wast, soil science, water quality, and more.
The International Journal of Illich Studies “is an open access, interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed publication dedicated to engaging the thought and writing of Ivan Illich and his circle. Articles/Reviews/Reflections are invited on any subject that intersects with the wide range of IIlich’s ideas, or that represent a version of the social critique for which he became famous on matters such as modern socio-economic development, industrialized “progress,” institutional bureaucratization & professionalism, the privatization of the commons, and sustainability conceived in light of his views” of progress, development, and conviviality.
International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education “specifically address[es] the need for the dissemination of information on sustainability matters at higher education institutions.” It is an excellent resource for learning about pedagogical and operational practices for sustainability in higher education around the globe.
International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment seeks to understand the broad spectrum of the built environment on our lives. The journal recognizes that the built environmnet “contributes to air pollution, land use and contamination, fossil fuel depletion, water depletion, water pollution, materials depletion, impacts on human health, and climate change. Responsible urbanization practices on micro and macro levels can mitigate the negative effects of the built environment. The philosophical and analytic framework of sustainability draws on and links with numerous different fields and disciplines.”
International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning is an interdisciplinary journal covering the subjects of environmental design and planning, environmental management, spatial planning, environmental planning, environmental management and sustainable development in an integrated way as well as in accordance with the principles of sustainability. In the beginning of the 21st century, despite major scientific and technological accomplishments, the struggle for a cleaner environment as well as for rational organization of space is not settled. It is clear to us that environmentalists, planners, policy makers, engineers and economists have to work together in order to ensure that environmental protection, spatial co-ordination and economic development could all be achieved without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own requirements.
The Journal of Agriculture and Sustainability “publishes papers in all aspects of agriculture and sustainability, including but not limited to: agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, animal science, agronomy, plant science, theoretical production ecology, horticulture, plant breeding, plant fertilization, and soil science, Aquaculture, Biological engineering, Environmental impacts of agriculture and forestry, Food science, Husbandry, Irrigation and water management, Land use, Waste management, innovative practices, new technology, integrated Pest management, Organic and biodynamic farming, sustainable energy use, social and philosophical aspects of sustainable agriculture, linking conservation and agriculture, landscape agroecology, agriculture and global climate change, indicators of sustainability, sustainable farm policy, and future projections.”
Journal of Environmental Education “is a research-oriented, refereed periodical intended to provide a forum for critical and constructive debate on all aspects of research, theory and practice in environmental and sustainability education (EE & SE). Publication of diverse theoretical and methodological approaches and perspectives for international audiences is aimed at improving the quality of research and practice in the fields of EE & SE. Articles are encouraged that focus on methodological issues, challenges to existing theoretical discourses, conceptual work that links theory and practice and that crosses disciplinary boundaries.”
Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences is “forum for interdisciplinary environmental research, practice and public policies can be recognized and evaluated” including environmental education at all types of higher education.
The Journal of Management for Global Sustainability “is a peer-reviewed scholarly journal devoted exclusively to the publication of original research in the field of management and global sustainability. Global sustainability is the broad set of interconnected issues that encompass, but are not limited to, achieving environmental preservation, social entrepreneurship, poverty eradication, social justice, desirable production and consumption patterns, species preservation, and spiritually rich lives at this time in our species’ history on this planet. The journal publishes articles on how productive enterprises contribute to realizing and achieving global sustainability to create socially just and spiritually-whole ways for all species to thrive forever.”
Journal of Sustainability Management “strives to serve as an outlet for researchers, academics, practitioners, and industry leaders to develop tools, case studies, research studies, and reviews, that can shape our understanding and conversation of such a broad and developing topic.”
Journal of Sustainable Development “carries original and full-length articles that reflect the latest research and developments in both theoretical and practical aspects of Environment, Economic and Society with Sustainability. It provides an academic platform for professionals and researchers to contribute innovative work in the field.” Articles focus on climate change, ecology, environmental economics and policy, and other areas.
Journal of Sustainable Energy and Environment “is an international peer-reviewed, quarterly journal that publishes theoretical, experimental and applied results in the science, engineering and policy aspects of sustainable energy and environment. The journal aims to provide a multidisciplinary and international forum for the dissemination of the latest high-quality research results, particularly those related to or with implications for the Asian region.”
Journal of Education for Sustainable Development “is a forum for academics and practitioners to share and critique innovations in thinking and practice in the emerging field of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).”
Journal of Environmental Sustainability serves “as a bridge between academic and practitioner communities to guide policy and management practice to achieve environmental sustainability.”
Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy “is an online-only journal dedicated to publishing significant advances covering all aspects of renewable and sustainable energy relevant to the physical science and engineering communities.” The journal has an international scope and is published online only on a bi-monthly basis (6 issues per year).
Journals of the the Sustainability Knowledge Community are home to papers presenting innovative theories and practices of sustainability. “The journals in this collection are cross-disciplinary in their scope, a meeting point for natural and social scientists, researchers and practitioners, professionals, and community representatives.” They include The International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic, and Social Sustainability: Annual Review; The International Journal of Environmental Sustainability; The International Journal of Sustainability Policy and Practice; The International Journal of Sustainability Education, and The International Journal of Sustainability in Economic, Social, and Cultural Context.
Journal of Sustainable Tourism “is a leading tourism journal which advances critical understanding of the relationships between tourism and sustainable development. It publishes theoretical, conceptual and empirical research that explores one or more of the economic, social, cultural, political, organisational or environmental aspects of the subject. Critical views and perspectives are encouraged, as well as new ideas and approaches in relation to the theory and practice linking tourism and sustainability.”
Journal of Teacher Education for Sustainable Development “publishes research or project reports, teacher education programme evaluation, case studies of practice, action research reports, reports on teaching practice or techniques” around sustainability and sustainable development.
JSTOR Sustainability helps you “Explore journals, e-books and research reports on environmental stresses and their impact on society. Research spans the Biological Sciences, Business & Economics, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Law, Public Health, Urban Studies, and many other disciplines.”
Local Environment: The International Journal of Justice and Sustainability “focuses on sustainability policy and politics in relation to theory, concepts and empirical studies at the nexus of justice and the environment. It is a forum for the critical examination, evaluation and discussion of environmental, social and economic policies, processes and strategies which will be needed in movement towards social justice and sustainability – “Just Sustainability” – at local, regional, national and global scales.”
Minding Nature “explores conservation values and the practice of ecological citizenship.”
MRS Energy & Sustainability: A Review Journal “will publish reviews on key topics in materials research and development as they relate to energy and sustainability. Topics to be reviewed are new R&D of both established and new areas; interdisciplinary systems integration; and objective application of economic, sociological, and governmental models, enabling research and technological developments. The reviews will be set in an integrated context of scientific, technological and sociological complexities relating to environment and sustainability.”
Nature Climate Change is dedicated “to publishing the most significant and cutting-edge research on the science of climate change, its impacts and wider implications for the economy, society and policy.”
Society and Natural Resources “publishes a broad range of social science research and thinking on the interaction of social and bio-physical processes, policies and practices occurring around the world and at multiple scales.” They include sustainability as an area of interest.
Resilience: A Journal of the Environmental Humanities “is a digital, peer-reviewed journal of the Environmental Humanities. It provides a forum for scholars from across humanities disciplines to speak to one another about their shared interest in environmental issues, and to plot out an evolving conversation about what the humanities contributes to living and thinking sustainably in a world of dwindling resources.”
Sustainable Development “a wide interdisciplinary publication which seeks to further debate and discuss the important concept of sustainable development. The scope of the journal therefore allows for contributions which have a local, national or global focus from a philosophical to a practical perspective. All contributions are refereed with the aim of providing the readership with high quality, original material.”
Sustainability Science “offers insights into interactions within and between nature and the rest of human society, and the complex mechanisms that sustain both. The journal promotes science based predictions and impact assessments of global change, and seeks ways to ensure that such knowledge can be understood by society and be used to strengthen the resilience of global natural systems (such as ecosystems, ocean and atmospheric systems, nutrient cycles), social systems (economies, governments, industry) and human systems at the individual level (lifestyles, health, security, and human values).”
Sustainability: Science, Policy, & Practice “is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal that provides a platform for the dissemination of new practices and for dialogue emerging out of the field of sustainability. The e-Journal fills a gap in the literature by establishing a forum for cross-disciplinary discussion of empirical science as well as practice and policy developments related to sustainability.”
Sustainability: The Journal of Record “speaks to the needs and interests of the rapidly growing community of professionals committed to advancing one of the major imperatives of this young century— preservation and sustainability of global resources.” One of the journal’s focus areas is sustainability in higher education.”
Higher Education Blogs, Coalitions & Centers
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) mission is to inspire and catalyze higher education to lead the global sustainability transformation.It is also an umbrella organization that covers the Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium (HEASC) and the Disciplinary Associations Network for Sustainability (DANS). Its Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS) is the most comprehensive sustainability evaluation tool and reporting system available. Penn State received a Gold rating on our last STARS report (2014).
American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) is a high visibility effort by college and university presidents to address global warming. Signatories commit to neutralize their institution’s greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible, and accelerate their sustainability research and educational efforts. Penn State is not a signatory of the ACUPCC.
Bioneers Education for Action Program works with students, teachers and educational institutions to provide a leading-edge source of solutions-oriented content and media materials, programs and events.
Campaign for Environmental Literacy (CEL) seeks to secure and increase the amount of federal funding dedicated to environmental literacy, including funding for environmental education in NOAA and EPA. AASHE supports CEL’s efforts by signing letters to Congress and informing our members.
US Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development (USPESD) is a voluntary partnership of individuals, organizations, and institutions dedicated to fulfilling the goals of the U.N. Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014). AASHE is an active partner.
Pennsylvania Environmental Resource Consortium (PERC) enables Pennsylvania’s colleges and universities to share knowledge and take action towards a sustainable future. Penn State has been a consistent participant in PERC and three of our staff have been presidents in the last several years.
Sustainability Curriculum Consortium (SSC) “represents an opportunity to fill a gap within the sustainability movement in higher education. Essentially, we sense that faculty professional development and curriculum development in this area have lagged behind other university initiatives in areas such as carbon/climate impact reduction, environmentally-conscious purchasing, and campus greening.”
CENTERS, INSTITUTES, & SCHOOLS
Arizona State University: Global Institute of Sustainability “The Global Institute of Sustainability is the hub of Arizona State University’s sustainability initiatives. The Institute advances research, education, and business practices for an urbanizing world.”
The Atkinson Center for Sustainabilityat Cornell works “toward a future where the world’s needs for reliable energy, a resilient environment, and responsible economic development can grow, not as competing demands, but as complementary spokes on the wheel of prosperity.”
Boston University: Sustainability at BU mission is “to lead the University in a more sustainable direction and integrate sustainability into the culture and structure of Boston University. Through this effort, the University will reduce its use of natural resources, operating costs, and improve environmental and social impacts.”
Colorado State University School of Environmental Sustainability “develop[s] new strategies for global sustainability that informs solutions to global environmental problems. The School of Global Environmental Sustainability will accomplish this by using a linked societal-environment-economics framework to advance understanding and generation of sustainability science.”
Dickinson College is a national leader in educating for a sustainable world. Their commitment to sustainability is infused into every part of the institution.
Earth Institute at Columbia University “brings together the people and tools needed to address some of the world’s most difficult problems, from climate change and environmental degradation, to poverty, disease and the sustainable use of resources…By blending scientific research, education and practical solutions, The Earth Institute, Columbia University, is working to help guide the world onto a path toward sustainability.”
Facing the Future focuses on sustainability lesson plans and standards-aligned textbooks equip and motivate students to develop critical thinking skills, build global awareness, and engage in positive solutions for a sustainable future. They work out of Western Washington University.
Harvard Project on Climate Agreements “help[s] identify and advance scientifically sound, economically rational, and politically pragmatic public policy options for addressing global climate change. Drawing upon leading thinkers in Argentina, Australia, China, Europe, India, Japan, and the United States, the Project conducts research on policy architecture, key design elements.”
The Oberlin Project “is a joint effort of the City of Oberlin, Oberlin College, and private and institutional partners to improve the resilience, prosperity, and sustainability of our community.”
Portland State University: Institute for Sustainable Solutions “The Institute for Sustainable Solutions (ISS) advances sustainability research, education, and outreach at Portland State, leading the University to be a powerful catalyst and model for a more equitable, ecologically balanced, and economically vibrant future.”
The Piedmont Project “emerged as a grassroots effort on the part of a group of faculty to strengthen Emory’s engagement with environmental issues and sustainability. At the heart of the project is a curriculum development effort that seeks to foster an invigorated intellectual community to address global issues and local sustainability challenges.”
University of California-Irvine was named the “coolest” school in the United States by the Sierra Club in 2015. UC Irvine is committed to preparing the next generation of thinkers, innovators, and entrepreneurs to help the world meet its profound environmental and social justice challenges.
United Nations University: Our World 2.0 “Solutions to the global challenges of climate change, food security, biodiversity loss and peak oil are within our reach. The Our World 2.0 web magazine shares the ideas and actions of citizens around the world who are transforming our lives for the better.”
Yale University: School of Forestry and Environmental studies “prepares new leadership and creates new knowledge to sustain and restore the long-term health of the biosphere and the well-being of its people.”
Advocacy, Associations, Media, & Tools
101 Top Web Resources on Climate Change “From general climate change news to specific scientific information and even social advocacy surrounding humanity’s influence on climate change, these sites cover many important aspects of the study of climate change.”
350.org their “online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries.”
BALLE“our work is focused on creating real prosperity by connecting leaders, spreading solutions that work, and driving investment toward local economies. BALLE equips entrepreneurs with tools and strategies for local success, and we provide the national forum for the most visionary local economy leaders and funders to connect, build their capacity and innovate.”
Center for Sustainable Development Since 2008, The Center for Sustainable Development—CSDi—has specialized in providing sound, evidence-based information, tools and training for humanitarian development professionals worldwide. Youo can create your own personal field course by interweaving online assignments with your work. Develop projects from the ground up, learn project management, attract donors.
Climate Reality Project is dedicated to “unleashing a global cultural movement demanding action on the climate crisis. Despite overwhelming international scientific consensus on climate change, the global community still lacks the resolve to implement meaningful solutions.”
Climate Web is both an encyclopedia and a constantly evolving galaxy of actionable information that circles a central hub. Because it is evolving and chasing updates, the site constantly changes.
Common Cause is “for those Americans who want to help in the rebuilding of the nation.”
Conservation International “Through science, policy and field work, we’re applying smart solutions to protect the resources that we all depend on. We help communities, countries and societies protect tropical forests, lush grasslands, rivers, wetlands, abundant lakes and the sea. Only through properly valuing the essential services these ecosystems provide can we create a sustainable development path that will benefit all people for generations to come.”
Docuseek2 is the internet site where colleges, universities, and other educational institutions can discover, access, license, stream and share among their students, faculty and staff, the best documentary and social issues films and videos available. Docuseek2 “provides exclusive educational streaming access to content from Bullfrog Films, Icarus Films (including The Fanlight Collection and dGenerate Films), Kartemquin Films, MediaStorm, the National Film Board of Canada, Scorpion TV Sincerely Films, Terra Nova Films and Villon Films. Registered users may preview and license content online.” Note that the linked URL will only work from the Penn State network. If accessing the site from off-campus, you may need to log in to the university’s network via a proxy server.
Dot Earth is the blog kept by Andrew C. Revkin, Senior Fellow for Environmental Understanding at Pace University’s Pace Academy for Applied Environmental Studies and former science writer for The New York Times. “By 2050 or so, the human population is expected to pass nine billion. Those billions will be seeking food, water and other resources on a planet where humans are already shaping climate and the web of life.”Dot Earth “examines efforts to balance human affairs with the planet’s limits.”
Earth Charter Initiative promotes “the transition to sustainable ways of living and a global society founded on a shared ethical framework that includes respect and care for the community of life, ecological integrity, universal human rights, respect for diversity, economic justice, democracy, and a culture of peace.” They seek to integrate the Earth Charter into formal and informal education to create a transition to global sustainable society.
Earth Policy Institute was the institutional home of Lester Brown. The EPI provided reviews, analysis and policy guidance for leaders and the general public on matters of food, energy and the environment with a vision of attaining a more sustainable state.
Ecofirms has a mission to connect eco friendly companies and different organizations in the world. They inform visitors about their various products and services.
The Encyclopedia of the Earth (EoE) is “an electronic reference about the Earth, its natural environments, and their interaction with society. The EoE is a free, expert-reviewed collection of content contributed by scholars, professionals, educators, practitioners and other experts who collaborate and review each other’s work. The content is presented in a style intended to be useful to students, educators, scholars, professionals, as well as to the general public.”
Environment Victoria envision “a sustainable state where the climate is safe and stable, where nature has been restored and healthy ecosystems support our lives, and where every Victorian lives within the means of the one planet we share.”
GOOD is a “global community of, by, and for pragmatic idealists working towards individual and collective progress.”
GreenBiz “advances the opportunities at the intersection of business, technology and sustainability. Through its websites, events, peer-to-peer network and research, GreenBiz promotes the potential to drive transformation and accelerate progress — within companies, industries and in the very nature of business.”
Green Jobs “connects people who are seeking jobs that focus on environmental or social responsibility with jobs and career development resources.”
GreenPeace “uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and to promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future.”
Grist uses “Clarity-o-Meter to draw out the real meaning behind green stories, and to connect big issues like climate change to daily life. We count on our users to bring their stories to the table, too — through blogs, photos, and whatever else they care to share.”
Idealist “connects people, organizations, and resources to help build a world where all people can live free and dignified lives.”
International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) “champions sustainable development around the world through innovation, partnerships, research and communications.” Their work includes education about and for the skills, knowledge, and values needed for sustainable development.
The Land Institute mission is to “collaborate with public institutions in order to direct more research in the direction of Natural Systems Agriculture.”
National Wildlife Federation “works closely with those who span the social and political spectrum, but who are closely connected by a common commitment to conservation.”
Northwest Earth Institute wants to inspires people to take responsibility for Earth.
Oxfam International is “an international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in more than 90 countries, as part of a global movement for change, to build a future free from the injustice of poverty.”
Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA) “continues working to bring farmers together to learn from each other, and to build relationships between those farmers and consumers looking for fresh, wholesome, locally and sustainably produced food.”
Rodale Institute has, for sixty years, been “researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing our findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.”
Scene Changes: The Unmaking of Place allows you to “explore a growing collection of iconic literary landscapes that have been fundamentally altered by the impact of human activities on the environment, and are no longer the places familiar to the writers and poets who wrote about them. Each page visits a landscape featured in a literary work, discusses how it has changed and why, and makes the change visible through the use of satellite images that vividly evoke a place and its history. Thanks to a nearly 40-year archive documenting the earth’s surface, these images offer an unmatched opportunity to explore the lives of our vital places.”
The Sustainable Campuses “is dedicated to promoting sustainable campuses throughout the world. We have links to the many resources available to help your campus transition to a more sustainable future.”
The Sustainability Curriculum Consortium “represents an opportunity to fill a gap within the sustainability movement in higher education. Essentially, we sense that faculty professional development and curriculum development in this area have lagged behind other university initiatives in areas such as carbon/climate impact reduction, environmentally-conscious purchasing, and campus greening. Even among Environmental Science and Environmental Studies faculty, there are ambiguity and conflict about what sustainability means, the complexity it embraces, and what its pedagogy should encompass. When comparing the language and practice of sustainability in academia with those of our counterparts in policy and industry, we perceive there has been a slow rift in the last decade, one that faculty and curriculum development can uniquely (and must immediately) address.”
Sustainable World Radio “brings you interviews, news and commentary about ecology, Permaculture, organic gardening, sustainability, natural building, regenerative farming and ethnobotany.”
World Resource Institute mission is “to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.”
Worldwatch Institute “works to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world that meets human needs. The Institute’s top mission objectives are universal access to renewable energy and nutritious food, expansion of environmentally sound jobs and development, transformation of cultures from consumerism to sustainability, and an early end to population growth through healthy and intentional childbearing.”
Yes! Magazine “empowers people with the vision and tools to create a healthy planet and vibrant communities”
Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) contains “information on incentives and policies that support renewables and energy efficiency in the United States.
National Climate Change and Wildlife Science Center (NCCWSC)The earth’s climate, including changes in temperature, weather patterns, and precipitation, will likely result in significant effects on our nation’s fish and wildlife resources now and in the future. Relatively little scientific information exists on which to base management strategies to help fish and wildlife adapt to climate change.”
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) mission is to “protect Pennsylvania’s air, land and water from pollution and to provide for the health and safety of its citizens through a cleaner environment. We will work as partners with individuals, organizations, governments and businesses to prevent pollution and restore our natural resources.”
United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (UNDESD) envisions “a world where everyone has the opportunity to benefit from quality education and learn the values, behaviour and lifestyles required for a sustainable future and for positive societal transformation.“ UNDESD features a large number of resources for educators interested in sustainability at global, regional, and local scales and across disciplines including ethics, social, biological, and physical sciences, engineering, and policy.
United States Environmental Protection Agency mission is to “protect human health and the environment.”
U.S. Department of Interior Climate Science Centers provides “scientific information, tools and techniques that land, water, wildlife and cultural resource managers and other interested parties can apply to anticipate, monitor and adapt to climate and ecologically-driven responses at regional-to-local scales.”
Bardaglio, Peter, Putman, Andrea and Cortese, Anthony eds. (2010). Boldly Sustainable: Hope and Oppritunity for Higher Education in the Age of Climate Change. National Association of College and University Business Officers.
Barlett, Peggy and Chase, Geoffrey eds. (2011). Sustainability on campus: stories and strategies for change. The MIT Press.
Bartles, Kirsten A and Parker, Kelly eds. (2012) Teaching Sustainability/Teaching Sustainably. Stylus Books.
Berry, Wendell. (1977) The Unsettling of America. Sierra Club Books.
Berry, Wendell. (1981) The Gift of Good Land. Rodale Press.
Berry, Wendell. (1987) Home Economics: Fourteen Essays. Counterpoint.
Berry, Wendell (1990) WHAT ARE People FOR? North Point Press.
Berry, Wendell (2000) Life is a Miracle: An Essay Against Modern Superstition. Counterpoint.
Blewitt, John and Cullingford, Cedric. (2009) The Sustainability Curriculum: The Challenge for Higher Education. Earthscan.
Bowers, C.A. (2001) Educating for Eco-Justice and Community. University of Georgia Press.
Callenback, Ernest (2009). Ecotopia.BantamCambrin- McCabe, Nelda, et al. (2012). Schools That Learn: A Fifth Disclipline Fieldbook for Educators, Parents, and Everyone Who Cares About Education. Doubleday.
Carson, Rachel (2012). Silent Spring. Houghton Mifflin Company.
Chapman, Paul. (2012) Greening America’s Schools: The Environmental Sustainability Movement in K-12 Education. National Association of Independent Schools.
Collett, J. & Karakashian, S. (1996) Greening the College Curriculum: A Guide to Environmental Teaching in the Liberal Arts. Island Press.
Creighton, Sarah Hammond. (1998) Greening the Ivory Tower. MIT Press.
Desha, Cheryl and Hargroves, Karlson ‘Charlie’ (2010). Engineering Education & Sustainable Development. Earthscan.
Dopplet, Bob (2009). Leading Change Toward Sustainability: A Change- Management Guide for Business, Government and Civil Society. Green Leaf Publishing.
Edwards, Andres (2005). The Sustainability Revolution: Portrait of a Paradigm shift. New Society Publishers.
Ehrenfeld, John R. (2009). Sustainability by Design: A Subersive Strategy for Transforming Our Consumer Culture. Yale University Press.
Eisenstein, Charles (2012). Sacred Economics: Money, Gift, and Society in the Age of Transition. Evolver Editions.
Esty, Daniel and Winston, Andrew (2009). Green to Gold: How Smart Companies Use Environmental Strategy to Innovate, Create Value, and Build Competitive Advantage. Wiley.
Friedman, Thomas L. (2009). Hot, Flat and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution– and How It can Renew America. Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
Goerner, S., Dyck, R., & Lagerroos. (2008) The New Science of Sustainability: Building a Foundation for Great Change. Triangle Center for Complex Systems.
Goleman, Daniel, Bennett, Lisa and Barlow, Zenobia(2012). Ecoliterate: How Educators Are Cultivating Emotional, Social, and Ecological Intelligence. Wiley, John & Sons, Inc.
Gore, Al (2010). The Assault on Reason. Penguin Books
Hitchcock, Darcy and Willard, Marsha (2008). The Step- by- Step Guide to planning Sustainability: How to Create and Implement Sustainability in Any Business and Organization. Earthscan Publications.
Hamschmidt, Jost and Pirson, Michael (2011). Case Studies in Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainability, The oikos collection, Volume 2. Greenleaf Publishing.
Harvey, Andrew (2011). The Hope: A Guide to Sacred Activism. Hay House.
Hawken, Paul (2009). Natural Capitalism: Creating the Next Industrial Revolution. Back Bay Books.
Hollender, Jeffrey and Breen, Bill (2012). The Responsibility Revolution: How the Next Generation of Businesses Will Win. Jossey-Bass.
Hopkins, Rob (2011). The transition handbook: from oil dependency to local resilience. Chelsea Green Publishing
Jones, P., Selby, D. & Sterling, S. eds. (2010). Sustainability Education: Perspectives and Practice Across Higher Education.
Kahane, Adam (2010). Power and Love: A Theory and Practice of Social Change. Berrett-Koehler Publishers.
Kahn, Richard. (2010) Critical Pedagogy, Ecoliteracy and Planetary Crisis. Peter Lang.
Keogh, Martin (2012). Hope Beneath Our Feet: Restoring Our Place in the Natural World. North Atlantic Books.
Klein, Naomi (2012). The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism. Picador.
Klein, Naomi. (2015) This Changes Everything: Capitalism Versus the Climate. Simon & Schuster.
Krigger, John and Dorsi, Chris (2010). The Homeowner’s Handbook to Energy Efficiency. Saturn Resource Management.
Maathai, Wangari (2011). Replenishing the Earth: Spiritual Values for Healing Ourselves and the World. Doubleday Religion.
McDonough, William. Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things. Tantor Media.
M’Gonigle, Michael & Starke, J. (2006) Planet U: Sustaining the World, Reinventing the University. New Society Publishers.
Murray, Paul (2010). The Sustainable Self. Routledge.
Orr, David. (1992) Ecological Literacy. SUNY Prerss.
Orr, David (1994). Earth in Mind on Education, Environment, and the Human Prospect. Island Press.
Orr, David. (2002). The Nature of Design. Oxford University Press.
Orr, David. (2010). Hope is an Imperative. Island Press.
Perkins, John (2010). Hoodwinked: An Economic Hit Man Reveals Why the Global Economy Imploded. Crown Business.
Princen, Thomas. (2010) Treading Softly. MIT Press.
Register, Richard (2011). Ecocities: rebuilding cities in balance with nature. New Society Publishers
Roy, Arundhati (2012). The God of Small Things. HarperCollins.
Sachs, Jeffrey D. (2015) The Age of Sustainable Development. Columbia University Press.
Schaefer, Carol (2011). Grandmothers counsel the world: women elders offer their vision for our planet. Trumpter.
Shimo- Barry, Alex (2008). The Environment Equation: 100 factors that can add to or subtract from your total carbon footprint. Adams Media.
Shiva, Vandana (2012). Staying Alive: Women, Ecology and Development and Manifestos on the Future of Food and Seed. South End Press.
Speth, James Gustave. (2009) The Bridge at the Edge of the World.
Steingraber, Sandra (2011). Living Downstream: An Ecologist’s Personal Investigation of Cancer and the Environment. Da Capo Press.
Stone, Michael and Barlow, Zenobia eds. (2005). Ecological Literacy: Educating Our Children for Sustainable World. Sierra Club Books.
Sustainable World Coalition (2012). Sustainable World SourceBook: Critical Issues, Viable Solutions, Resources for Action.
Wessels, Tom. The Myth of Progress: toward a sustainable future. Vermont.
Wilson, Edward O. (1984) Biophilia: The Human Bond with Other Species. The Presidents and Fellows of Harvard College.
Wilson, Edward. O. (2006). The Creation. W.W. Norton & Co.